Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Wedding Thank You Notes

Question for you all while I'm writing my thank you notes. Are you/did you write thank you notes to those who came to your wedding, but didn't give you a gift/card?

Re: Wedding Thank You Notes

• tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say yes. I think we will.
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely.

• IzzygrimIzzygrim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, especially if they came in from out of town! 

... and here's the bratty bride inside of me speaking: If you send them a thank you card for coming to the wedding, it might serve as a guilt-inducing reminder that they should get you a gift. Boy, was I raised Catholic or what? ;)
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • golden1215golden1215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOT guests yes, other people no.

The reception itself is already their thank you for coming to watch your vows, a thank you card is specifically for a gift.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_wedding-thank-notes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:485638cb-ad77-4b2a-a541-78da8f0a7ebePost:2a78b094-624d-4ff5-ae82-a8840d41fedc">Re: Wedding Thank You Notes</a>:
    [QUOTE]OOT guests yes, <strong>other people no</strong>. The reception itself is already their thank you for coming to watch your vows, a thank you card is specifically for a gift.
    Posted by golden1215[/QUOTE]

<div>True, the reception is a thank you for coming to the wedding.  But I'd still send a thank-you to everyone who came.  What if they gave you a gift and the card fell off? or someone took it? You never know. Why risk offending someone over 50 cents for a card and stamp?</div><div>
    </div><div>Send a thank-you to everyone who attends your wedding, gift or not.</div>
  • LauraMC09LauraMC09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, that's what I was thinking, but I just wanted to double check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards