Pennsylvania

Trying to find affordable Venue near Pottsville/Lehigh Valley/Poconos

My dream wedding is in the woods, but I cant seem to locate an affordable venue. I looked at the Stroudmoor and Woodlands Inn, but they wanted over $20,000 for a guestlist of 150 people. I am open to DIY for all decorating, I can find a caterer etc and I am even open to a tented wedding. It will be in September 2013. Any thoughts? I cant find a list of farms, barns or things like that... it would be PERFECT if there was an Inn nearby or on site.. thanks for any input!

Re: Trying to find affordable Venue near Pottsville/Lehigh Valley/Poconos

• Friedman farms is the only open acreage space and barn that I know of. Everything there ia DIY. Tall Timber Barn is in Canadensis, not sure if thats out if the area for you. Those are the only 2 I can think of. HTH!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am getting married at Friedman Farms and it is  really beautiful if you are looking for that rustic feel. Also, Fiddle Lake Farms just opened their barn for weddings and I believe they have a small in or bed and breakfast on site. Its worth checking out!
  • I am also trying to find an affordable venue in the Pocono Mountain area (perferrably near Lake Harmony).  I am planning a winter wedding January/February 2015.

Any ideas?
  • I had my wedding at Cherry Valley Vineyards in Saylorsburg. I'd highly recommend it. 
  • Try looking for locations in riegelsville, pa or new hope, PA.  There is also a barn in collegeville, PA that does wedding.. it didn't look cheap though, so i'm uncertain of the cost.

I had found a few barn venue sits out in
    riegelsville, pa, but unforunately they appeared to expensive for me.
  • Wow, Stroudsmoor was over $20,000? I am having a wedding of about 60 and I have been emailing them back and forth... the event coordinator told me the ceremony fee would only be $750 and their buffet prices start at $65 a person. Is this totally off? I am worried now because I don't want to make an appt to see the venue, go all the way out there, and then find out that it's actually way more money!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_trying-to-find-affordable-venue-near-pottsvillelehigh-valleypoconos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:624Discussion:71519851-fa69-4422-a59b-506d68d84864Post:765447e2-ee7b-4d40-b61e-89edd231bbb8">Re: Trying to find affordable Venue near Pottsville/Lehigh Valley/Poconos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, Stroudsmoor was over $20,000? I am having a wedding of about 60 and I have been emailing them back and forth... the event coordinator told me the ceremony fee would only be $750 and their buffet prices start at $65 a person. Is this totally off? I am worried now because I don't want to make an appt to see the venue, go all the way out there, and then find out that it's actually way more money!!
    Posted by filadelphiafan[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time on Stroudsmoor. It's way overhyped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards