Not Engaged Yet

Andrew Got a Job!!! ::dance, dance, dance::

Remember a couple weeks ago when Andrew interviewed for that restaurant manager position?

Well- they called back and informed him they offered that position to someone else.

However- they wanted to offer him a supervisor/sommerlier/server position! I think this is totally perfect for him, as he doesn't have any management experience. This will be a great learning opportunity and will probably open some doors in the future.

Hooray!!

So here are some views that Andrew will be seeing when he goes into work:

The only draw back is that we probably won't see eachother all that often...he'll be working 2 PM-11 PM, including weekends. And I'll probably be working 8 AM-5 PM- no weekends.

::shrugs:: Oh well.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Andrew Got a Job!!! ::dance, dance, dance::

• lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations to Andrew!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    YAYA!!  I know the not seeing him thing sucks but at least he got a job!!! 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_andrew-got-job-dance-dance-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1837d441-8c95-43a5-ba9c-19cf03a77f47Post:136bf7bf-4e69-4741-8f14-0c3626eaf4ac">Re: Andrew Got a Job!!! ::dance, dance, dance::</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAYA!!  I know the not seeing him thing sucks but at least he got a job!!! 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. Now I know that I should focus my job search to the Springs. It would have been a bummer if I got placed in Denver and he got a job in the springs...or vice versa.
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for him ! And i'm happy for both of you too ! I understand the pain of completely opposite schedules - as I was working retail every weekend and nights and hubby is 8am-5pm no weekends. Trust me it all will work out , you will see each other and it will take a little getting used to and understanding on both your parts but just take it day by day. Congrats to him again !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yay, that's great news Lunar (except for the part about the schedules). Kudos to Andrew!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_andrew-got-job-dance-dance-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1837d441-8c95-43a5-ba9c-19cf03a77f47Post:70c6515f-3b83-41ed-bfd8-a37fe515329e">Re: Andrew Got a Job!!! ::dance, dance, dance::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good for him ! And i'm happy for both of you too ! I understand the pain of completely opposite schedules - as I was working retail every weekend and nights and hubby is 8am-5pm no weekends.<strong> Trust me it all will work out , you will see each other and it will take a little getting used to and understanding on both your parts but just take it day by day.</strong> Congrats to him again !
    Posted by tafft1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the encouragement, Tafft! I'm glad to know it's not the end of the world. LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    Great news, congrats to Andrew!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!!!!! Congrats to Andrew!!!!

• sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to your BF, Lunar! It must be National-BF-Get-A-Job-Day, because my BF got one, too! Yay!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!  Congratulations to both of you, now you can narrow down your own search a bit right? 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats to Andrew!!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! Congrats!! That stinks about the different schedules, but a job is a job and he can always try to find something else that would be more on your schedule later if that's what you two want! :)
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Yay for Andrew!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!!!  Congrats to Andrew!!  And those views are absolutely ah-mazing!!
  • lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Congrats for Andrew!  

You'll completely survive the opposite schedules thing.  FI and I did it for a while, and it sucked big hairy monkey balls, but we took it one day at a time and made it work.  

Is that possibly the hotel from that Jack Nicholson movie??  Uhm....you know the one...THE SHINING!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_andrew-got-job-dance-dance-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1837d441-8c95-43a5-ba9c-19cf03a77f47Post:e803e56c-ef54-4838-b325-c45d166fcd0a">Re: Andrew Got a Job!!! ::dance, dance, dance::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!  Congrats for Andrew!   You'll completely survive the opposite schedules thing.  FI and I did it for a while, and it sucked big hairy monkey balls, but we took it one day at a time and made it work.   Is that possibly the hotel from that Jack Nicholson movie??  Uhm....you know the one...THE SHINING!
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Oooh...No- but we were just talking about that the other day! It's in the Stanley Hotel.
    <a href="http://www.stanleyhotel.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.stanleyhotel.com/</a>

I think it's about an hour or so away. :) It's supposed to be haunted.
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!!! That's so great, congrats to him!

Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_andrew-got-job-dance-dance-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1837d441-8c95-43a5-ba9c-19cf03a77f47Post:b6fb4a6e-3aac-4db8-875d-426b5f79ffee">Re: Andrew Got a Job!!! ::dance, dance, dance::</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Andrew Got a Job!!! ::dance, dance, dance:: : Oooh...No- but we were just talking about that the other day! It's in the Stanley Hotel. <a href="http://www.stanleyhotel.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.stanleyhotel.com/</a> I think it's about an hour or so away. :) <strong>It's supposed to be haunted.</strong>
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

They do ghost tours, I've been DYING to go on one. I keep bugging BF about it, I will make him take me!

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_andrew-got-job-dance-dance-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1837d441-8c95-43a5-ba9c-19cf03a77f47Post:e803e56c-ef54-4838-b325-c45d166fcd0a">Re: Andrew Got a Job!!! ::dance, dance, dance::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!  Congrats for Andrew!   You'll completely survive the opposite schedules thing.  FI and I did it for a while, and it sucked big hairy monkey balls, but we took it one day at a time and made it work.   Is that possibly the hotel from that Jack Nicholson movie??  Uhm....you know the one...THE SHINING!
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

The hotel they used in the movie isn't actually The Stanley Hotel in Colorado. I don't know why they didn't use the actual hotel, it's stunning. The one in the movie is ugly.

And congrats to Andrew for his new job! My Andrew just got a job too :) He starts tomorrow.

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAHOOO!! Awesome! Congrats to Andrew and ::happydances:: for you!!
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Fan-FREAKIN-Tastic!!!!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great Luna! Congratulate him for me!
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Luna!  Just make time for dates so that you can still get quality time with him.  It's hard when you're on opposite schedules.  But it's even harder to be unemployed, I think.
  • edited December 2011
    YAAAY!!!!

Congratulations! And since it's a sommelier job he is probably a good fit, making the adjustment hopefully not as difficult!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read this on my phone last night and was too lazy to write a huge response.

That's awesome!! The different shifts thing does suck but it's not awful. FI and I work opposite but we're pretty used to it now. I always figure it's only temporary. I may not know how temporary but someday we will have more time together and that will be great! At least we have jobs, right?

I thought of this and you this morning. I was driving to work and I passed FI coming home from work. It did give me a slight case of the sads but our shifts used to be a lot worse than they are now. After two years, we FINALLY have a weekend day off together. :)
  • edited December 2011

YAY that's awesome! :) Congrats to Andrew! Like PPs have said opposite schedules are sucky but better than no job at all. I'm sure you guys will be just fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards