Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Florence + the machine lyrics

Ok so I was thinking of having the wedding party all walk down the aisle to Florence + the machine's 'Dog Days Are Over', but after reading the lyrics, I still don't really get what the song is about. I'm a total retard when it comes to interpreting song meanings I guess, so can any of you help me out?

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Florence + the machine lyrics

• edited December 2011
    I think the song can be interpreted in two ways, 1. You fall in love with someone and it saves you from the darkness in your life or 2. You were in an all consuming relationship that was unhealthy and once you realized this you were able to break free and be happy again. I'm not sure which fits better and I've actually debated it with a few friends, we're all stumped.

She also has the song "You Got the Love" that I think is way appropriate for a wedding. So you can always do that one if you're unsure about this one.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please don't use the phrase "I'm a total retard".  It's offensive and demeaning to people with developmental delays.  I can't believe that people still say that.  =(
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards