Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony Song- Zac Brown Band

I would really like to use the song "Whatever It Is" by Zac Brown Band during our ceremony. The song has special meaning to my FI and I. I'm looking at a few options/suggestions for this. We already have an organist/pianist booked. We can also play/use any music we'd like- our church does not have restrictions.

Option 1: Hire a soloist to sing it. Would it sound weird for female soloist to sing it because of the words? Or should I find a male soloist?

Option 2: Have the pianist play it and have the guests sing it. I'd only do this option if I can find (or make) a music/lyric page, like songs out of a hymnal, to have available for guests. I think *most* guests would know the song already. Would this be weird?

Option 3: Play the recorded version.

My fiance thinks option 3 but I'd rather have Option 1 or 2. Suggestions? Opinions? Other options? Thanks for all the help!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Ceremony Song- Zac Brown Band

• Options
    You could do #1, I would have a male soloist sing it, for wording sake, but also the range of music itself. sound wise it would be better due to the range in the music. If not number 3 would be my next option. I wouldnt make my guests sing it, some may not know it very well and everyone may not want to sing. So i vote for either one or three!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm going to either have a soloist sing it or do an instrumental.

At most weddings I've been to, guests usually sing but they are more traditional songs from a hymnal. I think it would be too weird to sing something more current.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ceremony-song-zac-brown-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:c54317cb-a93d-4a4e-bf7e-7161a9e3fbd3Post:66b68d34-43ff-4ff7-8e33-fd14697ad177">Ceremony Song- Zac Brown Band</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would really like to use the song "Whatever It Is" by Zac Brown Band during our ceremony. The song has special meaning to my FI and I. I'm looking at a few options/suggestions for this. We already have an organist/pianist booked. We can also play/use any music we'd like- our church does not have restrictions. Option 1: Hire a soloist to sing it. Would it sound weird for female soloist to sing it because of the words? Or should I find a male soloist? Option 2: Have the pianist play it and have the guests sing it. I'd only do this option if I can find (or make) a music/lyric page, like songs out of a hymnal, to have available for guests. I think *most* guests would know the song already. Would this be weird? Option 3: Play the recorded version. My fiance thinks option 3 but I'd rather have Option 1 or 2. Suggestions? Opinions? Other options? Thanks for all the help!
    Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]
    I would either have a male vocalist sing it, or play the recorded version of it.
  • Options
    I think that playing the recorded version would be best since the song has a special meaning. That way it sounds just like you remember and prefer it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ceremony-song-zac-brown-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:c54317cb-a93d-4a4e-bf7e-7161a9e3fbd3Post:768efb59-70f1-4434-98cc-eb0c7e384c7f">Re: Ceremony Song- Zac Brown Band</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that playing the recorded version would be best since the song has a special meaning. That way it sounds just like you remember and prefer it.
    Posted by ashleyvanderhoof[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. It doesn't have to be fancy. It just has to be what you know you like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards