Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Cheap wedding...

I'm on a budget. I'm broke! Ha. We're doing a fall theme wedding next October. I chose not to serve alcohol because 1) its expensive and 2) My fiance will be 20. Soo what can I do to not have the reception be so boring? I hated to get married in a church to begin with. (I wanted an outside wedding) And now we are getting married AND having the reception in the same church! Any suggestions would be awesome!! :) And what are you girls doing about music? I dont even like dancing, but I guess people expect it at a wedding.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cheap wedding...

• Options
    You can have the type of reception you want.  I heard shorter receptions with less dancing work out well for those couples; they usually occur in the afternoon.  If you have an evening reception that lasts 5+ hours, people will expect dancing.

Some people have had success with Ipod receptions.  It may work well for you.

Alcohol-free receptions occur (although they are less popular).  You can save money by offering wine with dinner, but it is up to you.
  • Options
    Music?  A dj was cheaper than a band for us plus we don't like bands to begin with, just giving the dj songs we like/dont like, $595.
  • Options
    At the kind of reception you describe - in a church room with no alcohol - people won't expect dancing.  Just have background music, food, cake, and non-alcoholic drinks.  People will mingle and visit with family and friends.  These receptions usually only last 2.5 hours or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Be sure your church allows dancing, not every church does.
  • Options
    I am getting married in the morning and having a lunch receoption.  I am not serving alcohol (but there will be a cash bar open).  We are not doing any dancing at the reception either (instead we are playing music during lunch).  After lunch we will be opening gifts.  On a budget and music wasn't important to us as much as getting to be able to greet each guest and tell them how much we appreciate them coming.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know of a couple that did a fantastic cheap wedding... they were married in a park and just did an appetizer style buffet and visited with their guests - the hole thing only lasted about 2.5 hours, but was fantastic!  Great ceremony and they really enjoyed sharing the time just visiting with their guests, it was a smaller wedding, but one of the best I have ever been to!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Music in the background never really ran across my mind. Thanks a lot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards