Maine

Hi I'm new

amshaw1amshaw1 member
First Comment
Hi All,

I'm Amy, I'm new, I just got engaged this past weekend.  I'm still new to this whole engaged thing and haven't even thought about planning yet.  Still enjoying my sparkly ring for now :) (Although its been sent for resizing so will have to wait a bit....booo....)

I know I'm going to have lots of questions, so I look forward to meeting everyone!

Amy

Re: Hi I'm new

• edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!  It's definitely a great idea taking some time to enjoy the ring:)  How did your fiance propose?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! Yes, tell us more about the proposal! We are very nosy people :) I had to send my ring back too and it was so weird to be without it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! The Maine Brides have been very helpful with all of my questions...I think you'll like it here!
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We seem like a slow board but people usually get right to helping you if you ask a question. Welcome! Any idea when you'll be getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the welcome's!!!

He proposed last Saturday at 6 am.  Woke me up, was like Get up! Get up! i said GO AWAY! and tried to go back to bed :)  But he eventually sat on the bed next to me and when I opened my eyes he had the ring and popped the question.  So then he's like get up and get ready cuz we're headed to Boston for the day -- where we went to fancy dinner, fancy hotel, and best of all, awesome seats to the Celtics game :) 

He said he was going to wait until dinner to do it but by then I would have figured it out :) haha

I have NO idea when we're gonna get married.  We're kind of non traditional and want more of a backyard party kind of thing, we're both pretty laid back and outdoorsy. But neither of our folks have houses/lawns big enough to support a wedding so not sure what I'm going to do.  I'm sure once the big items are taken care of, the fun wedding planning stuff starts, like trying on dresses :))))

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!
    Amy
  • edited December 2011
    That's cute that he had to do it in the morning so you wouldn't guess :)  Sounds fabulous!  We're doing a sail and then the backyard thing,but it's helpful to have a sister with a huge backyard.  Just spend a lot of time on google and I'm sure you'll find something wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards