Just Engaged and Proposals

Newly engaged!

Never planned a wedding before and it's really overwhelming! What is a typical budget? How much do you put towards a venue and food vs photography and music?? The photography is important to me, but I don't know of anyone and there are too many vendors to choose from. Help!!

Taylor

Re: Newly engaged!

• Your budget has to be what you can afford. No one here can tell you what to spend. Congratulations!!!
  • redheadfsuredheadfsu member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Budget: Do you have any wedding savings now? How long of an engagement are you thinking? How much can you save each month during your engagement?

Big picture: you & your FI need to sit down and get a big picture together (beach wedding, church wedding, backyard wedding, black tie, small vs. big). Tell each other your three must haves/ important items (big guest list, great food, etc.) Why?

Go from there.

Edit: Plusalso the knot was a budget tool (to give you an idea how to divide your budget)

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Congratulations and happy planning!
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Congrats! Im a newbie engaged too! Its really stressful but let it be fun too! 
  • Yay! I just engaged to the man of my dreams last Saturday.  We are planning on getting married October 2011.  A little overwhelmed already.  Where does one start??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards