December 2011 Weddings

Color help!!!!

Okay , So I want to get married In December on the 31st. I can't seem to pick my colors. I love purple. I have thought about using a darker red perhaps cranberry or apple and a rich/gem tone shade of purple. I also like the darker version of orange. I would also like to have some metallics. I plan on getting married in the evening . My reception will be held at an old tobacco warehouse.  Can anyone make sense of these colors and help me to have an elegant wedding that complements all the colors and look wonderful in that setting during that time of day?

Re: Color help!!!!

• Why don't you do like a harvest-y type deal? Golds, dark oranges, the deep purple, a little bronze... little accents here and there would be really pretty.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think a jewel toned purple would be beautiful and a crimson or deep red would look great with that. You could even use bronze accents (jewelry, shoes, etc.)and/or some pretty light orange flowers in centerpieces or bouquets.

I just picked my colors and one thing that really helped me visualize them was going to Lowe's and choosing paint chips in the exact colors I wanted. When I kind of put them all together, it really helped me feel confident with it.
    Soon to be a Mrs! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is December 17th and we are going with red (darker shade) and gold as an accent color...to tie in the Christmas feel for the reception. I love the idea of purples though! I think a dark plum color would be great for a winter color :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards