Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Oh no I DI-INT! (Yes. Yes, I did).

All I can say is "oopsie!"
We sent out invites several weeks ago, and one of the options for RSVP is to call my parents (we did online RSVP and had the phone option for the less technically-inclined). One family friend calls in his RSVP and at the end of the convo with my Mom he says "Alright, see you at 5:30 on the 16th!".
Problem is, our wedding is at 5:00.
So my Dad asks him to double check his invite. Yep. It says 5:30. What happened is I must have grabbed our mock-up invites and thrown them in with the rest when I was stuffing envelopes, meaning we've got a few incorrect invites floating around out there. Awesome! With about 200 invites sent out, it'll be SO MUCH FUN figuring out who got the wrong ones! My bad!
I'm actually pretty relaxed about it, and SO glad we did online RSVPs, because now we'll have the email address of everyone who RSVPed online (all but a few). So after the RSVP deadline, we're just going to send out a mass email saying "if your invite says 5:30, sorry - we screwed up. It's 5!"
Done and done. :)
Married and lovin' it!
Our Wedding! (click.)

Re: Oh no I DI-INT! (Yes. Yes, I did).

• edited December 2011

Perfect attitude - that is totally something to laugh about, not stress about.  :)

Half of our (super cool) STD's went out with the word "Minneapolis" spelled wrong.  Whoops. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    LoL this is going to be me - I'm sure :)
  • edited December 2011
    At least you're able to think rationally, find a solution, and laugh it off! I'd probably be a wreck! Kudos to you for your calm attitude!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You're handling it so well! At least someone caught it!
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't even want to think about the mistakes on mine. I'm sure there is something. I am  a notoriously bad speller. I'm terrible with times. I was so frustrated with my printer I nearly punched it.

You have a great attitude about it!
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, all! I'm mostly really, really glad that he happened to say that. I don't think there could be more than 5 or 6 (don't really remember how many mock-ups we actually printed and cut to size) - but better to mass email my mistake than have those few people show up only to have just missed the ceremony!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • hoff0079hoff0079 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Debbie-lol that's pretty funny, I'm glad you have such a great attitude about it! 
    I tried PMing you from a prior forum post, but it's not working.  You mentioned you had a list of outdoor ceremony spots and indoor reception venues that you were willing to share.  I was wondering if you wouldn't mind forwarding it to me at hockey13sm@hotmail.com
    I really wish they'd get the PM fixed...!!
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_oh-di-int-yes-yes-did?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:5469dc8a-f3dc-4163-a6a2-738618e6497fPost:874d7173-e400-48f0-94df-5634fbc05a6e">Re: Oh no I DI-INT! (Yes. Yes, I did).</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Debbie-lol that's pretty funny, I'm glad you have such a great attitude about it!  I tried PMing you from a prior forum post, but it's not working.  You mentioned you had a list of outdoor ceremony spots and indoor reception venues that you were willing to share.  I was wondering if you wouldn't mind forwarding it to me at hockey13sm@hotmail.com I really wish they'd get the PM fixed...!!
    Posted by hoff0079[/QUOTE]

<div>You've got mail, chica!</div>
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards