July 2012 Weddings

An exciting week coming up

Hey guys. I'm super excited because I found a full-time temp job, and it's relevant to my major (business admin). Also, I get to pick up my FI from college, and see my dad and brother, sis-in-law, and neices and nephew in just 6 days. :) I can't wait until next week!

I also heard that someone bought a couple of filled sheet cakes at Costco for around $20 for their son's wedding and they were amazing. Has anyone tried them or considered doing this for their wedding? My FI and I are trying to cut costs and stress, so we are thinking of buying these cakes and making a 9-inch round cake for our cake toppers to sit on and look cute. What do you think?

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!
PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: An exciting week coming up

• I have seen this done a lot for weddings lately.  Just do a small cake and then have people cut the sheet cakes in the kitchen and serve to guests!  Decorate the small cake to be cut and for you and FI and put the topper on that one.  Similar to having Cupcakes and one bigger cake for the B&G pics/topper/cutting/devouring!

Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • I haven't heard this be done before! But it is definitely something to look into!! =)
  • It sounds like a good idea to me! My family has been using costco cakes for almost every cake required party for years. They are DELICIOUS!!!
  • Yeah this is becoming more and more common, especially at weddings with 200+ guests.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards