Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

UNRULY Children of Family

I of cours want my wedding day to be perfect...There are a few children that are by terms of being super nice about it are UNRULY. How do I limit there time at our wedding (if at all) and reception? Definitely not at our dance....
Unsure and Worried

Re: UNRULY Children of Family

• Options
    If you don't want children at your wedding, don't invite them. Just address the invitations to adults.  Be prepared for some people to be offended that their children are not invited.  You cannot invite children to the wedding and then banish them for certain parts of the reception, like your dance.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unruly-children-of-family-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48b2d086-ba60-4e01-8303-07074af56f81Post:786fdf8e-36af-4b0f-b0eb-5ee7a6d976f0">UNRULY Children of Family</a>:
    [QUOTE]I of cours want my wedding day to be perfect...There are a few children that are by terms of being super nice about it are UNRULY. How do I limit there time at our wedding (if at all) and reception? Definitely not at our dance.... Unsure and Worried
    Posted by Lundgren0820[/QUOTE]

First of all, your wedding day won't be perfect. Something is bound to go wrong, but you just have to let it go and move on.

Secondly, if you cannot invite some kids and not others. If you are having a no kids wedding, then address your invites that way. If you are having kids at the wedding, then it will be up to their parents to discipline them appropriately. And btw, I have never seen a kid misbehave at a wedding. Hell, often they have just as much fun as the adults, dancing and making everyone smile.
  • Options
    SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2010
    That poll is utterly worthless.  Why can't you just ask for opinions instead of throwing a stupid poll out there?

We like to use words here.  Words are our friends.

• Options
    I don't get the poll at all.  Which one means "Either have an adults only reception and be prepared for some guests to decline, or invite the kids and trust the parents to ensure their children behave appropriately?"
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    I believe you are correct Mel.
  • Options
    ditto

Invite the kids (for the whole wedding) or don't. Nothing in between works.

If you don't invite them:

1. Only address invites to the parents.
    2. Have clear RSVPs
    3. Spread before the invites go out by word of mouth.
    4. If the parents add their uninvited children to the RSVPs, call & correct them.
    5. Don't put "adult only" on anything.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Options
    Just don't invite any kids.

However, I would like to point out that very rarely are kids THAT unruly at weddings. I have been to over 10 weddings in just the past 2-3 years alone; each one had a bunch of kids from infant to age 12 and never once did a child cause a fuss. I think sometimes kids get a bad rap just for being kids. When it comes down to it, most of them (and the parents) know how to behave in a more formal situation like at a church and there are no problems.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    that is one seriously cute snowman.

I don't get the poll.  At all. 
  • Options
    Loveeeee the snowman hat! How cute! 
  • Options
    I once witnessed a wedding where three separate, non-sibling children rolled around on the dance floor during a first dance.

....Nightmare. I would either make it adults only, or hire a very VERY good babysitter if the children on your guest list make you nervous.
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unruly-children-of-family-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:48b2d086-ba60-4e01-8303-07074af56f81Post:801b7585-4769-47f7-b73a-fe11eef2f4e3">Re: UNRULY Children of Family</a>:
    [QUOTE]I once witnessed a wedding where three separate, non-sibling children rolled around on the dance floor during a first dance. ....Nightmare. I would either make it adults only, or hire a very VERY good <strong>babysitter</strong> if the children on your guest list make you nervous.
    Posted by Christine&Joshua[/QUOTE]

<div>We call them babysetters here.</div>
  • Options
    Totally didn't understand the poll.

It's either adults-only, or you invite the kids. No picking and choosing which friend's kids you like.

I'm having an adults-only wedding, and only my and FI's immediate family is bringing kids (my youngest bro is 4 and is the RB)
    Anniversary An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion. All is safe with a lady engaged; no harm can be done. ~Jane Austen BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards