June 2012 Weddings

in order to explain myself properly

2»

Re: in order to explain myself properly

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_in-order-to-explain-myself-properly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d9d299-712a-47f5-874f-016f5859a7c1Post:28e319b0-8e8c-43b5-9ac2-1dc1262f7476">Re: in order to explain myself properly</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: in order to explain myself properly : What can I say? I'm a horrible condescending person.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Apparently we all are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_in-order-to-explain-myself-properly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d9d299-712a-47f5-874f-016f5859a7c1Post:866e36c5-1570-44c9-bc9f-440c9aa46c35">Re: in order to explain myself properly</a>:
    [QUOTE]So this board is also here to help fight adult illiteracy and wedding planning!  That's awesome!
    Posted by Micaela2007[/QUOTE]

Yep- it's super cool. We do what we can.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_in-order-to-explain-myself-properly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d9d299-712a-47f5-874f-016f5859a7c1Post:866e36c5-1570-44c9-bc9f-440c9aa46c35">Re: in order to explain myself properly</a>:
    [QUOTE]So this board is also here to help fight adult illiteracy and wedding planning!  That's awesome!
    Posted by Micaela2007[/QUOTE]

So, being a hypocrite by being condescending is going to help your case how?
  • But, but, but, Chelsea had the :), other Chelsea (okay that's going to be confusing for my brain, it's been a long day!)

PP that says it's still rude/condescending/we're not all college grads etc. I don't have a college degree and I narrowly graduated high school (I'm lazy). It's not hard to place a period in a "natural" stopping point.

I don't know if I've ever went through a conversation and continuously talked sentences upon sentences without ever taking a break and making one long continuous run on sentence only to see that I'm telling this gigantic story that makes no sense and no one is going to ever pay attention because I don't put a period or at least even a comma so it looks like I am probably a little bit overdramatic and in too much of a hurry to post something like you'd actually have in normal conversation and now when you read this you probably have to read it without ever taking a breath!

/sarcasm.

That was hard to do, I actually had to correct myself and take out commas and periods.. lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_in-order-to-explain-myself-properly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d9d299-712a-47f5-874f-016f5859a7c1Post:755119f9-7a8e-4811-bb85-ef9532510f38">Re: in order to explain myself properly</a>:
    [QUOTE]But, but, but, Chelsea had the :), other Chelsea (okay that's going to be confusing for my brain, it's been a long day!) PP that says it's still rude/condescending/we're not all college grads etc. I don't have a college degree and I narrowly graduated high school (I'm lazy). It's not hard to place a period in a "natural" stopping point. I don't know if I've ever went through a conversation and continuously talked sentences upon sentences without ever taking a break and making one long continuous run on sentence only to see that I'm telling this gigantic story that makes no sense and no one is going to ever pay attention because I don't put a period or at least even a comma so it looks like I am probably a little bit overdramatic and in too much of a hurry to post something like you'd actually have in normal conversation and now when you read this you probably have to read it without ever taking a breath! /sarcasm. That was hard to do, I actually had to correct myself and take out commas and periods.. lol.
    Posted by brittneyh4[/QUOTE]

BAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • CRAP I capitalized all my I's. Doing it wrong!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_in-order-to-explain-myself-properly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d9d299-712a-47f5-874f-016f5859a7c1Post:7dc057bd-4b06-42a1-b423-376d06a96d65">Re: in order to explain myself properly</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: in order to explain myself properly : So, being a hypocrite by being condescending is going to help your case how?
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

It seems I don't need to because we're all horrible condescending people! 
  • Camies, I'm curious too.. which languages do you speak?
  • In Response to Re:in order to explain myself properly:[QUOTE]But, but, but, Chelsea had the :, other Chelsea okay that's going to be confusing for my brain, it's been a long day!PP that says it's still rude/condescending/we're not all college grads etc. I don't have a college degree and I narrowly graduated high school I'm lazy. It's not hard to place a period in a "natural" stopping point.I don't know if I've ever went through a conversation and continuously talked sentences upon sentences without ever taking a break and making one long continuous run on sentence only to see that I'm telling this gigantic story that makes no sense and no one is going to ever pay attention because I don't put a period or at least even a comma so it looks like I am probably a little bit overdramatic and in too much of a hurry to post something like you'd actually have in normal conversation and now when you read this you probably have to read it without ever taking a breath!/sarcasm.That was hard to do, I actually had to correct myself and take out commas and periods.. lol. Posted by brittneyh4[/QUOTE]

I think I love you.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Haha! Typically my sarcasm is rejected, I've finally found my home!
  • In Response to Re:in order to explain myself properly:[QUOTE]Haha! Typically my sarcasm is rejected, I've finally found my home! Posted by brittneyh4[/QUOTE]

You seem to fit right in here!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Brittney, that was golden. :)<3
  • Um,  for the grammar post, I think everything has been said before, but basically, we try to help people with their language skills. 

Precamies...What languages do you speak? I'm very into languages and love learning about them. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I teach 3rd grade and hold my kids accountable for capitals and periods in ALL the right spots.  You don't need to be college educated for that....
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_in-order-to-explain-myself-properly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d9d299-712a-47f5-874f-016f5859a7c1Post:5dd6332e-604d-4747-a39f-c0bc7cae62fa">Re: in order to explain myself properly</a>:
    [QUOTE]I rarely read something in here and think "wow, that was rude".. because I don't read it with a snotty tone. That's on you and how you're reading it. I got into an annoying habit of a posting style with :)'s and lol's all over the place (and it drove me nuts) because people always thought I was being a jerk, when really I just say it how I see it. If you could hear the tone, that's one thing. But this is all based on your own reading. I guess I don't understand the whole point of this, when people make new threads to clarify. It usually was clarified before and people still disagree. You're on a wedding website with a bunch of women, from various parts of the country/world, who have a ton of wedding stress. It can't be all sunshine.

Oh! A newb I like!! See, we don't hate everyone.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_in-order-to-explain-myself-properly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d9d299-712a-47f5-874f-016f5859a7c1Post:5dd6332e-604d-4747-a39f-c0bc7cae62fa">Re: in order to explain myself properly</a>:
    [QUOTE]I rarely read something in here and think "wow, that was rude".. because I don't read it with a snotty tone. That's on you and how you're reading it. I got into an annoying habit of a posting style with :)'s and lol's all over the place (and it drove me nuts) because people always thought I was being a jerk, when really I just say it how I see it. If you could hear the tone, that's one thing. But this is all based on your own reading. I guess I don't understand the whole point of this, when people make new threads to clarify. It usually was clarified before and people still disagree. You're on a wedding website with a bunch of women, from various parts of the country/world, who have a ton of wedding stress. It can't be all sunshine.
    Posted by brittneyh4[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I want to know where have you been and why you haven't joined us earlier? You are awesome!

</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_in-order-to-explain-myself-properly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:12d9d299-712a-47f5-874f-016f5859a7c1Post:755119f9-7a8e-4811-bb85-ef9532510f38">Re: in order to explain myself properly</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if I've ever went through a conversation and continuously talked sentences upon sentences without ever taking a break and making one long continuous run on sentence only to see that I'm telling this gigantic story that makes no sense and no one is going to ever pay attention because I don't put a period or at least even a comma so it looks like I am probably a little bit overdramatic and in too much of a hurry to post something like you'd actually have in normal conversation and now when you read this you probably have to read it without ever taking a breath! /sarcasm.

LMFAO!!!!
  • Precamies---you never did say what other languages you speak...?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards