Favors
Options

Candles?

My guest list will be between 100 to 120 people (max). I was thinking of giving out candles because everyone knows I'm obessesd with them. The candles I like the most are $7. Is that a lot of money to be spending on favors? I saw some knotties said $1 a guest but I don't even know what that would be! Any ideas?

Re: Candles?

• Options
    Don't stress too much over it. Let me tell you, my aunt and uncle got married July of 2005. Their favors were small candles with their names and wedding date on the side. I have those candles today still sitting on my bathroom counter completely unused. Remember that just because you love something doesn't mean that your guests will feel the same way. Typically it's safer to go with something edible. The guests can ooh and ahh over the cuteness of it, pop it in their mouths and be done with it. I don't want to hurt your feelings, I just want you to know the best options for not wasting your money.
  • Options
    That is a crazy lot to spend on wedding favors. That's nearly a grand you could put toward food or beverage upgrades that your guests will appreciate far more. Candle scents are a personal preference, and you are likely to have a lot of these left over. Do you really want to take home upwards of 25 candles that get left behind?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

I guess it depends on your budget. Candles for wedding favors often are considered the most romantic.. But you are looking at $700.00 for one favor. For me personally I think that's too much...check out ebay they all types 

my daughter's wedding ..72-Worthy Champagne Flute Candle Wedding Favors$167.87

72 Toast-Worthy Champagne Flute Candle Wedding Favors
  • Options
    We did candles for our favors a beach scent inside a mini pail.  The candles I got on sale for $1/each.  The pails were probably about the same, a little less.  I wouldn't pay $7/each.  I did have left overs, but I love candles too so it was fine with me.  We had a beach theme thus why I did what I did.  But, overall the best favor I got at a wedding was 2 choc covered oreos.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_candles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:24cb871b-f798-4551-a5c1-2debf8861eb0Post:e02c1cbf-2a2b-478f-904d-7dc7071ecd6e">Candles?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My guest list will be between 100 to 120 people (max). I was thinking of giving out candles because everyone knows I'm obessesd with them. The candles I like the most are $7. Is that a lot of money to be spending on favors? I saw some knotties said $1 a guest but I don't even know what that would be! Any ideas?
    Posted by atbradshaw[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think it's too much.  You may be obsessed with them, but your guests won't be.  Most men won't care about them.  And women are often picky with scents.  I know there's certain scents I can't stand!  </div><div>
    </div><div>Favors are not necessary.  If you really want to give a favor, go with something edible!

</div>
  • Options
    I like candles, so I would like this favor.  I agree, though, that $7 each is an awful lot to spend on favors.  Maybe votives like Retread suggested?  Or the ones Yannkia posted.  AT Michaels the other day, I saw similar champagne glass candles (the whole thing was glass, no white stem) ... you could tie ribbon in your wedding colors around the stem.

I like scented candles, but as PP said, I definitely have preferences re: scent.  I like vanilla, for instance, but FI doesn't (he was in real estate for a while and too many people try to use cheap vanilla candles to fragrance their home for showing ... so he's smelled cheap-vanilla-mixed-with-awful-odors so often that he reeeeally dislikes vanilla now).  If you go with scented, I'd suggest that you have a several different scents, let guests choose their own and have some unscented ones available, too.
  • Options
    I love candles. And I love your idea, but do agree that $7 a candle is WAY to expensive. Have you checked out other wedding websites? I have been using on in particular that has a ton of candle ideas to choose from. Do you have a more specific theme to your wedding? Because a friend referred me over to the site I have been using for ideas, and I have just purchased a few things recently for another wedding shower that I am hosting for someone else. They seem to have good pricing as well. I'll include the link for you in case your interested. But again, I definitely wouldn't be paying $7 a piece for candles.

http://www.momentsofelegance.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=candles&sort=2a&view_all=1
  • Options
    Check out http://wholesalecandlewarehouse.com/candle-type/taper/ for bulk candles. It seems a bit much to pay that price per favor and have it cost around $700. Maybe find a cool DIY project with the plain candles. It would add a more personal touch
  • Options
    You can find dozens of candle favors for less than $7 PP.

I second the poster who suggested having some unscented and some in a range of scents.  Or, just do all unscented.  Many people have allergies and can't do scented things, or are really specific and can't just do any old scented thing.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards