Latino Weddings

If you do the lazo, do you also have to do the monedas?

Do these two go hand in hand? Someone told me you cant just do one or the other, you have to do both. I was just planning on doing the lazo, would this be ok? Also, would it be ok if I borrowed my cousins lazo? Someone also told me its not something that can be borrowed, that I would have to get my own. Any opinions?? Thanks!!

Re: If you do the lazo, do you also have to do the monedas?

• MariodoMujerMariodoMujer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

No, the lasso and the arras are two totally separate things, you don't have to have both. What is indespensible for the lasso ceremony, however, is something you can kneel on, because you will have to be on your knees for this part of the ceremony. Most people use cojines, and my father, an ordained minister, says during the ceremonies that he performs, that the cojines represent the support husband and wife give to one another.

As far as using your cousin's lasso, I don.t see anything wrong with it. But you could find a fairly cheap one online so that you can have your own as a keepsake for your home

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP, I have also seen the lasso done while the couple is sitting down, but this was at a wedding where there were multiple couples getting married in the same mass.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    uhh ohh, well our ceremony is outdoors and we will be standing the entire time, I suppose they could just place it around us standing, right? 
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure they could, I don't see a problem with that. Or you going get cojines and kneel.
  • MariodoMujerMariodoMujer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    or you could use chairs so you don't risk getting your clothes dirty. Ive seen a lot of people do that too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can definitely do just the lazo, but I wouldn't borrow it....while technically yes, you could, it is a keepsake, and as PP said, you can find them for a decent price
  • sharkgrlsharkgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you don't have to do both!  Do as you wish!  If you are having a mass, you will be kneeling anyways, so that should work fine.  I'd personally want my own lazo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards