Christian Weddings

Random questions....

What are you all using for your unity candle/sand ceremony/etc song?

Is anyone going on a Sandals honeymoon??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Random questions....

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do a unity candle or sand ceremony.  There were two songs in our wedding - "Honestly" and "All of Me" (both by Stryper).  Our first dance song was a Michael Sweet song too.  My DH loves Stryper. 

And we didn't go to Sandals - sorry!
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    For the song, we're using "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath and doing a Cord of Three Strands from www.godsknot.com. All of our music is here.  We haven't figured out anything about the honeymoon yet...
  • edited December 2011
    oh neat! We are also doing Love Never Fails!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kclare81kclare81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to have a unity cross and the music is I'll Be Here by Steven C. Chapman

We will be going to the Sandals resort in Nassau, Bahamas.  We are so excited!  It was recommended by FI family!
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a unity candle, foot washing, and communion!  a ton of stuff! ! ! ! ! FI and I have lots of ideas and rather than cutting some out, we are adding them all.  The song we are using is When I Say I Do by Matthew West. 

Honeymoon, going to the oregon coast
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to Sandals St. Lucia in November this year! Very excited, we wanted to go to St lucia and Sandals had the best deals so we're staying at Sandals Regency for 7 days 8 nights in november.

We're also using a unity candle...my mom really wanted us to have one so she could be apart of a ceremony. we're not using music or having someone sing during the ceremony....i think it takes too long and you have a great chance of them messing up

I'm still looking for a bagpiper to play as we leave though...   we'll see
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Prelude: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (Bach), China Roses (Enya)

Processional--kinda stuck finding a unique one!: Air on the G String (Bach), Arioso (Bach), maybe?

Congregational songs: In Christ Alone (Keith Getty & Stuart Townend), Come Thou Fount (Robert Robinson), Be Thou My Vision (traditional)
    Recessional: Taking You With Me (Relient K)

Somewhere in the prelude or reception, we're going to include "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)", but we don't know where yet. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards