DC

Favors and gift bags?

What are some fun ideas for your gift bags for out of town guests and doing for favors? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Favors and gift bags?

• tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a candy buffet for favors (and allowing guests to take centerpieces, we have about 40 tiny arrangements), but I'm not doing OOT bags.
  • dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were thinking about making a love song cd, some snacks (maybe homemade cookies, granola bars, pretzels), bottled water with a special label with our wedding date, a map or the area/guidebook, and some advil :-)
    imageAnniversary
  • SwizzleStiXSwizzleStiX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're not having a very large wedding and don't have a TON of OOT so our bags are probably a little pricier than others - along with the standards, we're also including personalized koozies, cookies from here on Etsy (that's a link!), and handwritten notes to everyone - not just a generic welcome letter.

As favors for the rehearsal dinner, we're doing Lincoln Memorial chocolates from The Historical Chocolate Company because that's where we got engaged. They are less than $2 each and come wrapped in cellophane with a ribbon.

We're doing cotton candy for a favor/late night snack at the reception, as well as old-fashioned rock candy at the table.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    For favors we're doing personalized hershey bars.

OOT bags will have homemade cookies, personalized bottled water, and a Virginia is for lovers bumper sticker :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I thought about using the Virginia is for Lovers bumper sticker!  Where did you find yours?  Also thought about maybe trying to incorporate that slogan elsewhere on something because to be honest, none of my OOT guests will probably use the bumper sticker.  But I think it's a really cute idea since we're getting married in Arlington.

Otherwise in the bags we're doing water, bags of Virginia peanuts, some candy, Metro maps, schedule of events, and a list of attraction.  We're doing an iPod "DJ" so I'm thinking about burning a CD with select songs from the night as well.

Favors are still up in the air, but we're considering not doing them at all.
  • edited December 2011
    my favor is going to be 3 candies bagged for guests from www.auntirenes.com It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO affordable & the candies are to die for! The owner Michelle is super sweet & very helpful. She gave us a tasting of EVERY candy,cookie,etc. AMAZING!

www.auntirenes.com
  • psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For OOT bags we are keeping it simple because every guest (with the exception of 3 couples) are out of town.  Bags with bottled waters, homemade cookes with recipe attached, DC postcard, travel booklet, hand written note from us.

Favors - we have made donations to 2 charities.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards