Massachusetts-Boston

Linen Rentals - Pricing

We are looking to rent linens (probably just white) for around 12 tables, just napkins and tablecloths. I've been checking websites and no one seems to be listing pricing. What can I expect to pay for something simple like that in the Northwest of Boston area?

Re: Linen Rentals - Pricing

• You can check Rentals Unlimited in Stoughton and Table Toppers in Newton. For plain white table cloths, shouldnt be more than $25 per table. Not sure about napkins. 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_linen-rentals-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:ff6fd686-4758-4c5a-8dc4-9b4ca2950ce9Post:25b04423-5d85-4828-936b-6e27c38eab6f">Linen Rentals - Pricing</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are looking to rent linens (probably just white) for around 12 tables, just napkins and tablecloths. I've been checking websites and no one seems to be listing pricing. What can I expect to pay for something simple like that in the Northwest of Boston area?
    Posted by bahamutangel[/QUOTE]

<div>For a standard white cloth, you're likely looking between $15-$20.  However, you'll probably want an overlay as well - figure another $7-$10.  Standard white napkins will run you between $0.70 - $1.70. This of course, greatly depends on who you use as a rental company. </div>
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    You can buy them for way cheaper than $25 each online. Just an FYI.

Ask for recommendations on the budget board. Here is one I found in a quick google search.
    http://www.linentablecloth.com/
  • you can definitely purchase linens cheaper than renting them. I used linentablecloth.com to purchase all my overlays from and couldn't have been happier. Not to mention the cost was less than $50 and now I am trying to sell them to make some of that money back.
  • edited September 2012
    Linens can be anywhere from $10-$30, it highly depends on the fabric and size. Make sure you order the right size! Linens that are too short drive me nuts. You'll also definately want an overlay even if its white... anything white tends to be translucent so its good to have the extra layer to ensure you cant see any inperfections in the table and it give a little extra padding.
    I prefer Peterson Party Center over rentals unlimited and they will be able to help you with sizing etc.
    Also, the pricing depends more on the fabric than the color, so you can probably do a color linen or napkin for the same price as white... if you are spending the same $ anyway and want to add a splash of color

Be sure to check with your venue if they have any policies regarding linens. Now fire code typically requires that linens are fire retardant certified etc... but this can depend on city/state
  • cv linens is by far MUCH cheaper to purchase than to rent! I looked at tons of rental places and they are very pricey! Peterson rentals (I think in winchester MA) was good priced but still in the $25 and up range per tablecloth. CV linens average around $11/tablecloth and are of great quality! We bought satin napkins and tablecloths through them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards