New York-New York City

Bookstore Wedding

We are planning to get married in NYC which is a destination wedding for us. We really love the idea of having the wedding (ceremony and reception) at Housing Works Bookstore. Has anyone had their wedding at this location? Any thoughts or reviews of this venue would be greatly appreciated (very little reviews of this site for event rental on my Google search). THANKS!

Re: Bookstore Wedding

• JMTK611JMTK611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Housingworks Bookstore was on our short list for our venue, and it wasn't an easy one to turn down.
    Housingworks is GREAT. They pay amazing personal attention to you as a client and are flexible with most budgets. (You can do an amazing plated, multi-course dinner including wine, beer, tax, gratuity for $150 per person.) The space is really different and really intimate. They have full capacity for a sound system. We're big on food, and they can really create any menu that's totally tailored to you.
    I think they have limited space as far as a seated ceremony--they can put a few chairs down for guests, but for the most part the guests stand on the mezzanine/balcony and watch the ceremony from there.
    If you haven't checked out the bookstore yet I would definitely go down and see it!
  • tlg333tlg333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so helpful!  THANK YOU!
  • JMTK611JMTK611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem :) Let me know if you have any specific questions or anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards