Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Destination and 2nd Wedding!

Hi all, my fiance and I are getting re-married! We live in NC and MD and we are having our wedding in Orlando, FL and people are questioning why we don't want to have it at home (MD or NC). Its a bit irritating. Our reason is we are getting married again and we are doing it our way, small and intimate. We are only inviting clsoe friends and family so because of this we want to make our honeymoon also our ceremony location and if they are "close" they might enjoy the vacation too.
Are we wrong to bring the guests to our honeymoon destination? and since we are having a small ceremony we are doing it outside at a garden venue and going to a restaurant after for dinner. We are not doing a formal reception.  Are we supposed to pay for their dinners or is it tacky to have them pay their own bill? 

Re: Destination and 2nd Wedding!

• vanityinkvanityink member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_destination-and-2nd-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:fe9e5960-d587-4ec3-8014-220d41248cb0Post:f0554bf6-1484-427a-bdea-1a3dc782e8a5">Destination and 2nd Wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, my fiance and I are getting re-married! We live in NC and MD and we are having our wedding in Orlando, FL and people are questioning why we don't want to have it at home (MD or NC). Its a bit irritating. Our reason is we are getting married again and we are doing it our way, small and intimate. We are only inviting clsoe friends and family so because of this we want to make our honeymoon also our ceremony location and if they are "close" they might enjoy the vacation too. Are we wrong to bring the guests to our honeymoon destination? and since we are having a small ceremony we are doing it outside at a garden venue and going to a restaurant after for dinner. We are not doing a formal reception.  <strong>Are we supposed to pay for their dinners or is it tacky to have them pay their own bill?</strong> 
    Posted by wigingtonx2[/QUOTE]

1) What do you mean re-married? Are you already married (if so, why is he your fiance and not husband?) Or did you get divorced and now are once again getting married?

2) SO tacky. They're taking time (and spending a good chunk of money, probably, for a DW) to come see you (re?)marry. A reception (a dinner after counts) is a thank you to them for their time/effort/money/support/etc. Would you really make people pay for their own thank you gift/card?
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Sorry but this is a disaster. 1) How can you get re-married if you're not married yet. Having 2 weddings is ridiculous. 2) If you invite people you have to pay for their dinner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You seriously expect people to travel to Florida and you won't even buy them dinner? Which is the reception, by the way. So yes, you need to host that. And I am also confused by this "re-marry" business. Is it a vow renewal, a wedding after you have both divorced or been widowed, or were you married to each other and then divorced and are now back together?
  • You should pay for their dinner - def. Have fun !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards