Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/Bride dance

Hello,

I have a question regarding the song that I wanted for my dance with my dad, and I wanted some opinions from some neutral ladies!

Even before I was engaged, I wanted "my song" with my dad to be "Love Me Tender," by Elvis Presley.  Elvis is the favorite singer of both me and my dad--and when I was a little girl, my dad used to sing Elvis songs to me.  "Love Me Tender" is my all-time favorite song.

BUT (you all knew there would be a but)... my sister thinks that the song is too romantic for a father and daughter.  I'm not sure if she's right and I'm too blinded by my love for the song/Elvis, or if maybe she's just persnickety (that's kind of how she is, plus she hates Elvis).

Can I get anyone's opinion, please?  I really appreciate it!  :-)

Here are the words:

Love me tender, love me sweet
Never let me go
You have made my life complete
And I love you so

Love me tender, love me long
Take me to your heart
For it's there that I belong
And we'll never part

Love me tender, love me dear
Tell me you are mine
I'll be yours through all the years
Till the end of time

Love me tender, love me true
All my dreams fulfill
For my darling, I love you
And I always will

Re: Father/Bride dance

• i think its a nice song for you and your dad to dance to! his life was probably complete when he got you.... itll be like his song to you. does he feel comfortable dancing to that with you?
  • That seems like a nice song for your father/daughter dance! As long as you and your dad are comfortable dancing to it, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • I think the words are fine...plus if it's your favorite and reminds you of him, you may regret not using it (if you chose not to). GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like this song choice. It has a sentimental memory attached to it--so even if no one else "gets it" I think it will be special for you and your dad. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards