Catholic Weddings

Mother/Song dance song?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Mother/Son song??  We are having problems picking one that is not too cheesy- and may opt for the band to just play something instrumental. 
Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary

Re: Mother/Song dance song?

• Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might be kinda cheesy, but my FI and his mom plan on dancing to "In My Life" by the Beatles - she really likes the song....
  • edited December 2011
    My father/daughter song is the ultimate cheesy song- but my dad picked it!  My FI wants to avoid that :)

My FI is going to play it on the guitar, and we will try to get my niece to sing it.  My dad will love it!
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of the song "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

• edited December 2011
    My father/daughter dance song was "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. I think it works for the mother/son dance as well because it's not too specific. Plus, it's not too cheesy!
  • edited December 2011

I saw a mom and son dance to "memories" by elvis presley and it was very sweet.

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're very anti-cheese, too. We picked "Ain't That Love" by Ray Charles. Classic, upbeat great song!
  • edited December 2011
    Riss- that song is great, thanks!   Since the song with my dad will be unbelievably cheesy...   that song should balance it out!  Our only other mutually agreed upon choice before that was James Taylor You've got a friend.   We thought about Wonderful World as well-  but we may use the Joey Ramone version for the bridal party entrance!
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome! We actually combined the mother/son and father/daughter dance and just did it at the same time. We also asked our DJ to invite other Parent/Child couples to join in after a minute. My MIL has major arthritis and other health issues, so I didn't want her to feel pressured to finish out the whole song if she didn't feel up to it. It wound up being one of the best decisions because our photographer got great pictures of these couples, and then my mom was able to join in with my brother, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards