Arizona-Tucson

Help for my sister

Hey ladies. My sister is recently engaged and planning her Tucson wedding from Seattle. I'm curious to know if you all know of venues that allow you to bring in your own catering, cake, and alcoholic beverages. They're wanting a wedding outside, but want caterers that aren't necessarily associated with specific venues. Also, if you have recommendations for flowers, linens, DJs, etc., I'd love your suggestions. Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS

Re: Help for my sister

• edited December 2011
    The botanical gardens allow you to bring in your own vendors.  Mosts of the resort-type places do not.  I'm going through Tanque Verde Guest Ranch for an outdoor wedding which includes many vendors, so I can't refer you to any specific vendors.  Good luck.
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am having an outdoor ceremony and reception at Stillwell House and Garden. They do have their own in-house catering and DOC, but they require you to bring in your own vendors for everything else (including cake). They have a ton of menu options so it might be worth checking out their website.

www.stillwellhouse.com

As for vendors, it would really depend on your sister's budget. I am on a very, very tight one myself, so I had to get a little unconventional with my vedors. I actually found my DJ at a wedding I went to in Gilbert, which is where he is located. He is a great DJ with fantastic equipment and even with traveling costs he is way more affordable than any of the Tucson DJs I found. His name is Josh Dugan with Allure Entertainment. Webstie below as well.

www.allurebooking.com

My photographer is a way budget-friendly option, too. But she has a great portfolio and plenty of wedding experience. And she is really willing to listen to what you want. Her name is Nikki Olivas with Photos For Change.  I actually got her name and website from another knottie who posted on an old photog-related thread. It was a great find for what I needed. Website below. But if your sister wants something a little more on the frills side, you know like full album printing and lots of artistic retouching, etc. Then I would check out Michael Chansley. I had a lot of correspondence with him before I found Nikki and he is totally willing to customize things for you and hes a really nice guy.

Nikki Olivas: www.azphotosforchange.com
    Michael Chansley: www.michaelchansley.com

Those are all the vendors I have so far. Hope this helps a little at least.

Oh, there is also a Bridal Expo on August 8th at Tucson Convention Center. Since you're in PHX, maybe you could try to make that. You will definitely get some good leads there.

April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there. Congrats on the upcoming wedding!I believe most of the parks would allow that and we have some beautiful ones like Agua caliente park.  I'm an ordained minister in the Tucson area. If your still in need of an officiant please feel free to email me . my web site http://s2.webstarts.com/weddingofficiant/
  • edited December 2011
    Vendors cannot post on the boards. Please leave.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, a lot of venues here have exclusive caterers and linens. I wish I could help more with those things.

Vendors I had to book were photog, makeup/hair, flowers, and cake.

My photog, Kelly Rashka, is amazing. On the pricey side, but amazing.

www.kellyrashkasblog.com

She also directed me to my florist and cake,

www.petalspetalspetals.com

and

www.ambrosiaoftucson.com

(Katie with Posh Petals is the daughter of Jaynie of Ambrosia -- both have been great about working with my budget).

My hair/makeup girl is very professional and affordable, and will travel for no additional fees:

www.beautybykhara.com

HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend the following vendors.
    The Stillwell House
    Visual Images Production (videograpghy and photography)
    Busy B Bakery
    Snaptive Audio DJ
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck.

More information you can come here

www.brideswardrobe.com/8-evening-dress

ww.vivebridal.com/prom-dress-c-10.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards