Illinois

Stronghold Conference Center - Oregon

Does anyone have any experience with Stronghold Conference Center?  WR or NWR, doesn't matter.  I've only see pictures, but their Olde English Faire is on my to-do list this year.  I'm really liking the idea of an outdoor wedding set up in their courtyard with an in-door reception in the conference center.  Guess I'll get a better idea after visiting in-person, but I was just wondering if anyone else had any dealings with the facility & its staff.
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: Stronghold Conference Center - Oregon

• WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    The event scheduler responded very quickly and answered most questions very thoroughly. 

The venue itself is a bit cashy compared to some others I'd looked at, but it has accomodations included also and their catering is very inexpensive.  I'd also mention that I was interested in renting the entirety of it, not just 1-2 buildings, because I'm not a fan of the idea of other people using the facilities on my wedding day.  TBH, it probably would be NBD as we'd stay out of their way and they'd stay out of ours, no different than if we were using a park or a hotel.  If we rented only the buildings we were going to use it would definately fit into our budget.  I had wanted to do the ceremony outside in the courtyard, but my rain back-up idea (the Castle Greatroom) only holds 125 max, which is less people than we'd intended on inviting.

They do not allow alcohol on premises, however, for those who are interested in a wet bar.  You'd have to have a dry reception.  I typically don't drink at weddings, so I fail to see the problem, but I know most in my circle & family would expect alcohol.  I don't know if that's something that can be negotiated or not :) I haven't tried yet.  I just thought I'd give you an update in case anyone else is considering it in the future.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards