Michigan-Detroit

Do you know of any places that Engrave besides Things Remembered?

Hi Ladies,

Please let me know if you know of any places that do engraving besides Things Remembered. TR charges $3 per word. I am looking for something cheaper. Some places do it by the letter too, which can be cheaper if the word is shorter.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do you know of any places that Engrave besides Things Remembered?

• edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, that is the only store that I know of that engraves. I know Men's Wearhouse told me that they do engraving, but I'm sure it would be on items that you bought directly from them.

I just took my Cake Serving Set, Unity Candle and Toasting flutes to TR tonight to get them engraved. I got our names and dates on all items, a scroll design on 2 and a quote on 4. My total came to $150.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.

I have 10 bridesmaids and want to have a photo frame personalized for all of them. This could get expensive..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a friend of mine used an internet site/store but i'm not sure which company it was. take a look around on the 'net and see if you can find something cheaper.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know this sounds silly, but at this point, we'd all take silly, right? Google trophy makers, I know there is one in Berkley on 12 Mile (used to be), they might do it for a LOT less than TR.

(I know all this cuz I have kids who got trophies, etc, from things they were involved in).

• edited December 2011
    Ohhh thanks sue. I will do that! I won't send them online because the price for shipping 10 frames would be obnoxious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This place does it as well. We met them at one of the bridal shows. Their prices seem pretty good.

http://www.engravecon.com/
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_of-places-engrave-besides-things-remembered?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:f0a6ccd1-de12-4658-b3a3-60f02926363bPost:a19d9bb5-c4cb-4503-a396-c80139aa23ef">Re: Do you know of any places that Engrave besides Things Remembered?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohhh thanks sue. I will do that! <strong>I won't send them online because the price for shipping 10 frames would be obnoxious</strong>.
    Posted by heinz11msw[/QUOTE]
    Right, i didn't think of that. good point!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    If you're only doing the BM's first names it should only cost $30 for 10 picture frames.
  • lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that you posted this.  I went to TR yesterday and was shocked!  The engraving was going to cost more than the glasses and cake server! 

I'm looking up engravers in our area as Sue recommended.

Didn't TR used to include the cost of engraving as long as the item was purchased at their store? 
  • edited December 2011
    The site above is more expensive then TR. TR will engrave products that aren't their own and it is $3 a word. They are still the cheapest I have found. Please let me know what you find!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    And I'm not only doing first names else I wouldn't be researching so much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jwalker37jwalker37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TR only charges $3 if you pick a special font. Check out TR wedding gifts - if you pick a regular font at checkout, it's free. There are plenty of free fonts to pick from, only 4 or 5 charge the $3.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards