Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Happy Hump Day

Morning,
   It's still cold and wet here, and we actually had snow flurries yesterday.  I'm hoping it doesn't happen again today-I'm done with the snow! Not too much going on today-I have a meeting with a parent and then aerobics this evening.  Have a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Hump Day

• edited December 2011
    Happy Hump Day everyone!

DH is coming home from his weekly baltimore trip early this week! (aka like 11pm tonight).  I have work, school, then volleyball playoffs.  Not very interestinig :/
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

Today is FI and my 5 year 'anniversary'! I can't believe it's been that long! We're going to cook dinner tonight and make some chocolate fondue! Yummy!! I just want to day to go quickly so I can get the heck out of here... I'm SO excited for our weekend in Atlantic City!!!

Heather - hope it warms up for you! Agreed with NO MORE SNOW! I hope it stays away!
    Bri - hang in there... I hate long days :( I hope it goes quick for you!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • edited December 2011
    What a week, Monday I was home sick, yesterday was a busy day of catch up and our last marriage class!  I'm still not feeling 100% today, but am much better than I was on Monday.

Hopefully this day goes by quickly too! 

Have a great day ladies!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011

Good Morning! I awoke to a start today, as DH knocked over his glass of water sitting on the nightstand as he reached to turn off the alarm. Of course his cards (Magic the Gathering game he plays) were stacked alongside the nightstand in boxes, and got damaged. If only we had a big enough apt. with storage... *sigh* On a positive note, that was the quickest I've gotten up in a while, though I still managed to be running late.

H- Boo for snow flurries! It was raining a bit and windy after work yesterday- a miserable combination, esp. when wearing a skirt and waiting for a bus outside.

GL with your play-off game, Bri!

G- Happy 5 year dating anniversary! Sounds like a nice, relaxing evening.

Meg- Hope you're back to feeling 100% soon!

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning Everyone,

I just went grocery shopping last night, nothing exciting. I did book my hotel block for at the Holiday Inn in Oakland. I'm glad I did too b/c she could only give me 20 rooms b/c they already have a bunch of groups scheduled for that weekend... geez! It is over a year away people!

My friends are visiting this weekend, so tonight I have to clean our spare bedroom. It is a disaster area!

Heather-- boo on snow! Unless it is going to be a huge blizzard and I can get off work for a week, I don't want it!
    Bri- Yay for DH coming home early!
    GMC- Happy Anniversary! I hope your dinner turns out deliciously.
    Duq- I hope you continue to feel better!
    Kim- I swear the earlier I get up, the later I am to work... hope your DH's cards dry out!

Have a great day everyone!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JL - Did you just call the hotel to block out your rooms? I should probably get on top of this too and I don't really know how to go about doing this... I know that you are planning from OOT like me and was just wondering how you went about blocking the rooms? TIA!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  Had two aerobics classes last night then went out to dinner with FI to a yummy vegan restaurant.  It was so nice to be able to choose anything on the menu to eat!

Happy anniversary G!  And also- yes, you just call the hotel where you're interested in blocking rooms.  It's probably best to call a couple to get all the details and compare what they're willing to offer you- how much the rooms will cost, complimentary shuttles or breakfast or parking for guests, etc.  Then play them off each other to get your best deal ;)

Meg, glad you're feeling better.  How did the final marriage class go?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I called yesterday. I just called the "front desk" number for the Holiday Inn right across the street from the Twentieth Century Club in Oakland. I then picked "sales and catering" which was the wrong place, but they directed me to the right person. She then told me how many rooms I could block off (I wanted about 30, but could only get 20.) I would call the hotel you want right away because this one already had a bar mitvah, a competition and other weddings scheduled. I thought it wouldnt' be too bad b/c Pitt's graduation is the weekend before and CMU's is the weekend after... but i guess I was wrong.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes... I better get on this ASAP!! I was going to try that Holiday Inn as well (University Center?) along with the Wyndham on Forbes because they are both w/in walking distance to the Museum. I better do it today!! Thanks for the info!
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning!

I'm in a FANTASTIC mood today. I ended up getting the job at Pitt (YAY!), and it looks like I'll start next week. Wedding stuff is just about done, we had our last pre-cana class last night, and the parental units are taking us to Don Pablos tonight to celebrate the new job.

26 - sucks about the snow. Stand outside and firmly tell it you're done and want it to go away. I tried this and it didn't work, but if might for you! :)
    bri - yay for DH getting home early! I know it's always such a nice surprise.
    GMC - happy anniversary! Dinner sounds delicious. As does the fondue. I'm a little jealous.
    Duq - hope you feel better! At least we're done with pre-cana!
    Kim - I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a Fi/DH that plays Magic. Has he gotten you to play yet? And that stinks that they got wet and damaged. :(
    jl - good work on the room block. Especially in Oakland I know they can fill up QUICK. Have you blocked anywhere else or just the one place?

Hope everyone has a good day!
    (Fi just told me if I continue to be this upbeat during the day he's going to hit me with a shoe. I'm not sure if I should be offended)
  • edited December 2011
    Pnthrgrl- Congrats on getting the job!! Yea, DH has tried to get me to play. I have honestly given it a try, but I just cannot understand it- way too complicated for me! At least the cards that got wet weren't his best ones, but still... Have you played? Am I the only one who doesn't get it, lol?
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pnthrgrl - CONGRATS!!!!! How exciting!!! Also, I love Don Pablos! The one we had here just closed :( boo.... anyway congrats on the job and lol on your FI's comment about being upbeat!!
  • edited December 2011
    Kim - yeah he has. I generally don't get it, but I humour him. His one good friend that got him back into it a few years ago moved to Boston so he has no one to play with.

Thanks guys!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Meghan, congratulations!!!  That's awesome.  Will you be there full-time?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Yay for a new job pnthrgirl!!! 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards