Wedding Etiquette Forum

bridal shower-gift question

My bridal shower is tomorrow and we are so excited to see friends and family, and of course to see all of the goodies we are getting! :) But, my question is, is it alright to use the items now, or do we have to wait until after our wedding?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bridal shower-gift question

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bridal-shower-gift-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:04db1a36-a4e9-4d7c-9846-1946aed30257Post:4d17c2e6-b410-4a20-9dea-269ab7dcb76c">bridal shower-gift question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bridal shower is tomorrow and we are so excited to see friends and family, and of course to see all of the goodies we are getting! :) But, my question is, is it alright to use the items now, or do we have to wait until after our wedding? Thanks!
    Posted by cfoley15[/QUOTE]

<div>Technically you're supposed to wait until after the wedding since they are supposed to be returned to the giver if the wedding is cancelled, but some people choose to skip that tradiiton.  Juse know that if you do use them, and the wedding doesn't happen for whatever reason, you need to either buy the same items to return to the people, or give them a gift card in the amount of the item.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Wait until after the wedding; if you use something before, and for any reason the wedding doesn't happen, you need to return the gifts.

But write your thank-yous ASAP.
  • It's a sin to use your gifts before the wedding but I'll forgive you just this once.

Don't do it the next time you get married or I won't be so forgiving :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards