Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

going/ did fly to jamiaca

do you know if there is a chage for luggage going to Jamiaca?  I read online that there is not fee going to the caribean.  Is that ture?  I asked my travel agent first she said yes but then when i said I read online that there wasn't one she was like "oh your going to Jamiaca"???  So i was fine with that but then I read a post on the resort I am going to someone said there was a fee that Jamiaca didn't count as the caribean.  How was it for you if you went or do you know if your going there?  TIA
Anniversary

Re: going/ did fly to jamiaca

• edited December 2011
    I didn't go to Jamiaca.... but I just got back from the Dominican.  No charge -but they also lost by bags both ways ;) 

Also, it varies by airline company I think.  I'd check with whoever you're traveling on for the best information.
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was by airline rather than destination...
  • edited December 2011
    i know its airline but with delta which we are flying by charges you depending on where you go. 
    Anniversary
  • Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call Delta and ask them.  They should have the best information for you. 
  • edited December 2011
    Do you need a passport?  I'm almost positive that Delta allows 1 (maybe 2) free bags if it's an "international" flight.  I think you'd be safe, but it should tell you on your ticket confirmation too!
  • edited December 2011
    Be careful on what the airline considers "International".  We flew to Aruba a few weeks ago and booked through United.com but were put on a US Airways flight on the way down.  They only consider Europe to be international to get 1 free suitcase.  So we had to pay.  On the way back we were on a United flight and did NOT have to pay because United considers Aruba international. 
    Call and ask them...we learned our lesson $50 later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards