Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

for those who used their own CD during ceremony (opinions welcome!)

We are allowed to use a 4 song CD for our ceremony.. I was wondering if other brides who have done this have any input..or anyone who may have an idea for me.

Should I use whole songs, or just the best part (typically the chorus lol).  I'm not sure if each song will be played all the way through, and some of my song ideas might sound strange if only part of it is heard.

Help!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: for those who used their own CD during ceremony (opinions welcome!)

• Options
    I was wondering that myself... Do they just play the song from the beginning, or a certain part? They can't possibly play the whole song. We are planning to do a CD as well
  • Options
    I plan on making excepts from each song as I am using.  I am getting married at Caesars and I'm not sure how long it will take me to walk down the aisle, etc.  Here are the songs I am using;

Processional : Longing to Belong - Eddie Vedder
    Bride's Entrance: In My Life - Beatles
    Recessional - My Best Friend - Queen
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I used a CD with songs at Caesars. I used all instrumental music, but I timed it by watching past YouTube videos of weddings at Caesars in my garden and then estimated.

Before I decided to use instrumental, I wanted certain parts of songs with words and I was going to try and get someome who had editing sotfware to burn the CD how I wanted. Not sure how to do that though..

I then wrote the tracks and the order on a CD case and taped it on that so the man who was working the sound system knew what order. It does not make sense to write it on the CD since it will be inside the player.

I gave my CD to my WC at my rehersal and it was all set to go!

I seperated it to seating music, wedding party entrance, bride's entrance and recessional. I think I had 4 songs for the seating music.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good tip on watching the youtube videos to get an idea on timing/length!  And also on the seating song, I hadn't thought of that one :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I bought the whole songs and Mandalay Bay faded the songs for us as needed.
  • Options
    I burned the entire song to a CD and then I just wrote down the time that I wanted it to stop and let the WC know.  We only used one of our own songs for the grooms entrance and the rest I just choose from MB's list.  I cant even tell you how it went, I was so nervous I don't even remember hearing a single song at all. 

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you all! :) I'm thinking of making a CD with full songs and marking the times, and also trying to make one of just the pieces of each song that we really like.  Then we can let the WC decide which is easier!

Now if only I knew which songs to choose!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Which chapel are you using? I'm using IP, and I am hoping to send over some stuff to my WC this week sometime, one of them being adding music. I'll ask about how the CDs work and how they want them set up.
  • Options
    EmiliaC01 - Would you mind sharing when you find out about CDs at IP.  I'm currenlty using the included pianist, but have had thoughts lately about choosing different music going the CD route.  I'd be interested in hearing how it works.  TIA!
  • Options
    Sure, will do.
  • Options
    I was an IP bride and used my own CD. The WC about crapped her pants when I had 5 songs instead of 4. Really? I had the entire song on there and they just played it to a certain point and faded to the next song. It worked out great. If you are really concerned you should cut the music yourself and add only that piece to the CD, IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards