August 2013 Weddings

Who do you invite to the Bridal Shower?

Is it every woman on your guest list? Or just close friends? What's the "typical" thing to do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Who do you invite to the Bridal Shower?

• Whoever you want to invite! Sometimes this can depend on who is throwing the shower for you. For example, if it is a bridesmaid throwing the shower, you can invite your girlfriends and close family members like aunts and grandmothers. But if a coworker is throwing you a shower, you may only invite your coworkers that are also invited to the wedding. Unless you are having a very small wedding, you don't need to invite every woman on your guest list. 

In most cases, you would only invite people who are also invited to the wedding, but if you are having a small intimate wedding, this rule can be bent. Like I mentioned before, you only have to invite who you want to invite, this is your shower! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You should only invite people to the shower who are also invited to attend the wedding.  To invite someone to the shower but not the wedding would be extremely rude and look gift-grabby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! A little bit more information,

My mom and MOH are hosting the event, and I meant more of within the guest list who do you invite. Do you invite out of towners? Parents friends that are invited? Or just people that your close too? I wouldn't invite someone to the shower that wasn't invited to the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I would only include out of towners you are very close to, such as close aunts or BMs. Parents' friends I'd only invite if its important to your Mom that they be there. I'd also remember to include women your FI is close to, particularly within his family. A friend of mine ran into trouble forgetting to do that for her baby shower. Basically I'd start with BMs, then add close family, then extend the list to non BM close friends until you reach the number your hosts feel comfortable with. So exciting to start thinking about showers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards