Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Pittsburgh Marriot North (cranberry)

Any one have any insight on this venue? I found out that they let you bring your own caterer...Is this really the case? Any one have their wedding there or having their wedding there? Good/bad experiences? Thanks!

Re: Pittsburgh Marriot North (cranberry)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I have never heard of them allowing your own caterer. There is a Knottie on here who is having her wedding there, but they were a big pain regarding their cancellation policy for her.

Also, I am 99% sure she had to use their caterer and that's why the cancellation fees were so high, to pay for all the food.
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding there next February.  (I believe I'm the knottie kwynn was referring to.)  Their prices include all the food and alcohol, as well as the cake, table settings, linens, etc.  I don't believe they will allow a caterer to be brought in, it was never mentioned because I didn't have any interest in doing that, but I seriously doubt they would.  

As Kwynn mentioned, their cancellation policy is stringent (and the price is a high one, if you do cancel).  We were able to come to an agreement that I considered to be reasonable, but it wasn't easy and I had to go over the General Manager's head.  The Wedding Coordinator, Renee, is lovely, though, and she's very helpful.  Let me know, and I can find the pricing sheets and e-mail them to you, if you want.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    emailing the pricing sheets would be great! I am really trying to find a place that lets me bring my own caterer and I read on here that they would allow it...i appreciate everyone's insight!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be extremely rare to find a hotel that allows outside catering...that's kind of the only way the hotel makes money off the wedding, as they generally don't charge rental fees.

Check out this copy and paste from our PGH Knotties Bio:

We often get questions on the board from brides looking for reception venues that do not have exclusive caterers or those who allow brides to bring in any caterer/ food of their choice.  These venues are becoming less and less common, but here is a list of venues that may still allow it.  Please contact a venue for more information.  You can also try contacting local church halls or fire halls, as these venues more frequently allow independent catering.

NOTE: This is NOT a list of recommended vendors by The Knot or by local brides, it is simply a list of sites that may still allow outside caterers.

Greek Orthodox Hall, Oakmont
    Holiday Inn, West Mifflin
    Laube Hall, Freeport
    Regional Enterprise Tower
    Riverside Landing, Oakmont
    Troy Fire Hall/ Mount Troy Ballroom
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions..I figured bringing my own caterer to the Marriot was too good to be true lol. Have you heard anything about the Greek Orthodox hall or riverside landing? I'm not too familiar with any venues and just trying to get a feel for them before I go start seeing some...
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure our mod Jamie (JLBaxter33) recommended those two for the list- maybe she'll chime in here.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NIKI- just sent you a PM!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    another one you might want to add to the list of venues that allows you to bring a caterer is the Carnegie Free Library and Music Hall http://www.carnegiecarnegie.com/
    They are basically just an open space - you need to provide all the vendors
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks mosli, I just added it!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards