Interracial Weddings

Checking in, Melntaitt, Elizabeth80, Paigejessica and any other June brides!

How are things coming along?  June will be here before you know it :)

J FINALLY talked to the A/V guy about our ceremony music (a month after I asked I asked him to do it).  Now I can finally compile our music (I needed to know what format he wanted it in, etc.)  They're going to provide wireless mics too!  They even wanted to know if we wanted video (either it's free or almost free), still unsure if I want it.

I don't know why I thought I could DIY my flowers, because they're just a PITA at this point.  I have to finish my bouquet and the corsages for the moms/readers.  Such a hassle.

I decided on a hairstyle, but it's going to be tricky as I can't really do a trial, because having a trial would require me to get my hair relaxed so the style looks good, but I'm not planning on having that done until a week before the wedding.  I still need to talk to the stylist to find out hair options (tracks, drawstring pony, hair color, whatever).

Still waiting on 2/3 of my invitations; I come from a long line of procrastinators, so not a single person in my family has sent RSVPs back.  I expect a flood of them on or after the deadline (May 14).

Re: Checking in, Melntaitt, Elizabeth80, Paigejessica and any other June brides!

• Let's see; I'm currently working on the kids activity baskets and those are looking really good! I can't wait to see how they turn out.

The table numbers are looking really, really good; we've downloaded all the pics of the 1920s gangsters and fun facts. The best part is they just cost a little work, black ink and cardstock...presto you've got something interesting and classy.

Those are my two big projects right now; FMIL and I planned the entire rehearsal dinner last weekend so that's out of the way.

I cannot believe we're 5 weeks away lady!
    Vacation White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_checking-in-melntaitt-elizabeth80-and-any-other-june-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:462641ef-1e89-4447-a4b3-5ae4ec9ee73aPost:9546550c-e5b2-4bd1-a6a3-4bbd5f40d51d">Checking in, Melntaitt, Elizabeth80 and any other June brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>Still waiting on 2/3 of my invitations; I come from a long line of procrastinators, so not a single person in my family has sent RSVPs back. </strong> I expect a flood of them on or after the deadline (May 14).
    Posted by littleluckypenny[/QUOTE]

Same here! The only invitations we're really waiting on is my procrastinators and a few of Chris' friends. My RSVP deadline is next Tuesday and I'm making the round up calls the following Saturday (someone's shower day).
    Vacation White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_checking-in-melntaitt-elizabeth80-and-any-other-june-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:462641ef-1e89-4447-a4b3-5ae4ec9ee73aPost:f31a300f-2c31-4adc-8484-c9b7e66ed95d">Re: Checking in, Melntaitt, Elizabeth80 and any other June brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let's see; I'm currently working on the kids activity baskets and those are looking really good! I can't wait to see how they turn out. The table numbers are looking really, really good; we've downloaded all the pics of the 1920s gangsters and fun facts. The best part is they just cost a little work, black ink and cardstock...presto you've got something interesting and classy. Those are my two big projects right now; <strong>FMIL and I planned the entire rehearsal dinner last weekend so that's out of the way.</strong> I cannot believe we're 5 weeks away lady!
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]

Guess I thought you just have dinner and maybe I say a speech thanking both familes.  What do you have planned?  Now I feel like I need to plan something!  hehe

Yep, the shower's coming up fast! 

Just examined your RSVP count, looks like a pretty full house for you guys :)  Did you expect so many to attend? Especially with all the travelling?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_checking-in-melntaitt-elizabeth80-and-any-other-june-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:462641ef-1e89-4447-a4b3-5ae4ec9ee73aPost:facf475d-5c49-4d06-b694-aa968c8f60c8">Re: Checking in, Melntaitt, Elizabeth80 and any other June brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Checking in, Melntaitt, Elizabeth80 and any other June brides! : Guess I thought you just have dinner and maybe I say a speech thanking both familes.  What do you have planned?  Now I feel like I need to plan something!  hehe Yep, the shower's coming up fast!  Just examined your RSVP count, looks like a pretty full house for you guys :)  Did you expect so many to attend? Especially with all the travelling?
    Posted by littleluckypenny[/QUOTE]

FMIL is planning a multi-course meal at a local inn with entertainment, speeches, the whole 9 yards. Initially, I had planned on ordering some pizza, pasta sides and a couple cases of wine and having everyone over but she wanted to host and ran with it! Her outfit is actually from the inspiration she got from yours the other day :)

C was pretty convinced that we needed a B-list because he didn't think so many people would come to a Friday wedding - it turned out more people wanted to come because it freed up the rest of their weekend! I anticipated 80 to 90...over 100 was definitely not expected!

How goes the RSVP hunt? When's your due date?
    Vacation White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_checking-in-melntaitt-elizabeth80-and-any-other-june-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:462641ef-1e89-4447-a4b3-5ae4ec9ee73aPost:2eb21c3e-8a82-4baf-a3b0-c387fcd51e41">Re: Checking in, Melntaitt, Elizabeth80 and any other June brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Checking in, Melntaitt, Elizabeth80 and any other June brides! : FMIL is planning a multi-course meal at a local inn with entertainment, speeches, the whole 9 yards. Initially, I had planned on ordering some pizza, pasta sides and a couple cases of wine and having everyone over but she wanted to host and ran with it! Her outfit is actually from the inspiration she got from yours the other day :) C was pretty convinced that we needed a B-list because he didn't think so many people would come to a Friday wedding - it turned out more people wanted to come because it freed up the rest of their weekend! I anticipated 80 to 90...over 100 was definitely not expected! How goes the RSVP hunt? When's your due date?
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]

Wow, she really ran with it!  I'm pretty much doing the same thing you initially planned, pizza, wings and wine at the sit-down pizzeria a few miles from the church. 

I'm flattered that my outfit was an inspiration *blush*  I though I lost my "skillz" since I don't go out much anymore, I always got dolled up living in NC and FL. 

Guess I never thought of the Friday wedding that way, but it's cool that they thought of it as an extended weekend! 

RSVPs are trickling in.  Most have come from J's friends and his parent's friends, I guess family (from both sides) don't know how to find a mailbox, haha.  The due date is the 14th, and I've decided not to stress about it.  I'll wait about 2 days after the deadline and call people, which I anticipate a lot of calls.  If they don't respond by the end of that week, too bad.  In the words of the immortal soup nazi, "No soup for you!" 

What kind of entertainment does D have planned? I'm rather curious.
  • Wow June is coming in a hurry isn't it??

Things are going pretty well. FI and I had our 2nd pre-marital counseling session with our pastor last night. Our pastor has been married 22 years this fall and is still so madly in love with his wife. We're trying to soak up all the advice he can give us!

Tomorrow is my first dress fitting and I'm both excited and a bit bummed about it because I'll be going alone. My only local bridesmaid is busy and my family is out of town. Oh well, it'll be nice to get alterations started on my dress finally.

A lot of our rsvps haven't come back either. Our deadline is May 18th so I think I'm going to be making a lot of calls. 

I contacted a local dance studio today to squeeze in some dance lessons for FI and I :) I'm looking forward to choreographing our first dance.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For entertainment, D is doing a number of events -

Cake pull charms for the WP
    Game and favors
    A surprise!

I'm thinking my mom was pretty peeved at the RD idea I had as well. She offered to host it but I told her no...I still love the idea though :)

D really loved your look BTW; just loved it :)

@Paigejessica - I love that about your minister. I heard the story of my great grandparents and I truly want that type of love. She was 85 when she told that story but she looked like a 16 year old in love. Her husband had been dead 10 years but you could tell that she knew there would never be another love of her life :)

Ahhh, should we all be so luck to have your minister's and my gran's type of love? It's what this whole journey is all about...

Vacation White Knot
  • Things are going well and time is FLYING! We've gotten most of our RSVPs back... My dress is finished and we just took FI's suit for alterations this past week. It will be finished by Wed. We also had our final premarital session last weekend and went over some ceremony details. 

This week, we finalized ceremony and reception music. And I will be paying off the tent and cake this weekend... so the only outstanding payments will be for my DJ & photographer.

I can't believe it's so close... But I can't wait til it's here! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards