Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

WTF FSIL?

Um, so I just got an invitation to my FSIL's ultrasound.  So did all her IL's.  Also, her 18 year old brother. 

Is this normal?  I ain't goin'.

Re: WTF FSIL?

• Options
    Oh hell no. As we discussed several months ago, my own mother (let alone my FMIL) won't even be in the room for the actual BIRTH of my children.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    WTF? I don't even think you can have that many people in there, can you?

*By "in there", I mean in the ultrasound room. Not, you know, IN THERE. :)
  • Options
    Christ no that's not normal. Not to me anyway. I'm one of those people that thinks that all gyno related stuff should only be shared with your spouse/FI. Possibly your mom. I'm weird about that though. The only person I want to share intimate details like that with is FI.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Bec that totally made me LOL, thanks
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    And ditto Mery. FI will be the only non doctor or nurse in that delivery room. Period.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    That is the first time I have ever heard of anyone gettng an invitation for an ultrasound. I mean.. I know Party City caters to a lot of differnt types of events, but do they really have an invitation packet for ultrasounds?

You can send a card instead... does Hallmark make a card for this event?
  • Options
    Bec, it's less than Octomom had.

I also think this should be just her and her H, maybe her mom. 

SimplyFated- I don't know if Hallmark makes a card, but I bet Fishy could come up with a poem.
  • Options
    What would the card say?  Congratulations on getting to look at an image of your baby on a machine?
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    Happy Fuzzy, Black and White Blob Day!!!!!
  • Options
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I see my nephew
    And your uterus, too!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-fsil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb07856e-b6dc-4e38-bcb5-e131b0914846Post:2833cb1d-e511-4539-a5d7-be47b9a0d12e">Re: WTF FSIL?</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF? I don't even think you can have that many people in there, can you? *By "in there", I mean in the ultrasound room. Not, you know, IN THERE. :)
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAH!

And, FTR, I have never in my life heard of this. EW! How far along is your FSIL? (out of curiousity).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    amalamaamalama member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

My BF's mom went to one of ours. My mom was welcome to if she had wanted, but she would have had to take a whole day off work and drive an hour each way. I went to some of my sister's with her. I guess that was different though because the father was not in the picture, so usually me, my mom, or my other sister went to her appointments with her so she wasn't alone.

We had a lot of ultrasounds though and we only invited her to one of the later ones (after we already knew the sex of the baby and everything). I didn't think it was that weird, but I also don't think it is a huge event I would invite everyone to. And actual invitations is just nutty.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Bubba, right now she's ~6 months.  She'll be closer to 7 at the ultrasound.
  • Options
    Also, WTH is everyone's avatar showing up as some cheesy graphic instead of their avatar pic?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Nothing to say about ultrasound parties (except weird) but Bubbalub, I frikkin love your Edward/bella picture.  Raptors make things funny:-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-fsil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb07856e-b6dc-4e38-bcb5-e131b0914846Post:e5d307eb-b597-4b7b-ac91-e10640e213aa">Re: WTF FSIL?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Roses are red Violets are blue I see my nephew And your uterus, too!
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    You need to send that in to Hallmark, srsly

And, yeah, TK has been glitchy today. You can reset your avatar in your using the link on the left <---
  • Options
    That's weird.

On the other side though, I was only allowed to bring 2 people with me to my ultrasound... so it's weird that they would allow her to bring as many people as she wants. Are they going to put it on a "big screen" or something?
  • Options
    I'm also one of those people who probably doesn't want to know the sex of the baby until birth and won't share the name until after it's on the birth certificate to avoid side-eyes, so maybe I'm just a special snowflake. But, side-vent, I hate when women complain about how people are making her second guess her name choice. Why are you discussing it with randos? /vent
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I have no idea, btrfly.  I think it's one of those fancy schmancy 4D ultrasounds.  I'd imagine they give you a video you can put online and show people...
  • Options
    bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Uhh, weird. I don't think it's necessarily gross or anything, but it's kinda like the whole "No one cares about your wedding as much as you do." No one cares about what appears to be a snowstorm happening in your uterus as much as you do. Andplusalso, I've never had a kid, but I think this is the kind of thing I will want to share alone with DH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bel, that is the exact analogy I used when I was telling my mom about it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wtf-fsil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb07856e-b6dc-4e38-bcb5-e131b0914846Post:a175cb45-46aa-46ac-ab65-52efe2a17849">Re: WTF FSIL?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no idea, btrfly.  I think it's one of those fancy schmancy 4D ultrasounds.  I'd imagine they give you a video you can put online and show people...
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Oh those things are kind of weird. I never got one cause they freaked me out a little bit. I don't need to see his facial features until he's born, thanks.
  • Options
    That's just strange.......
    I expect for ultrasounds that FI will be there and most likely my mom and probably my father.  I want my dad there because he's a doctor and I know he'll always be blunt and truthful about things.  It's an immediate second opinion (obviously only for ultrasounds lol nothing gross).

I know in the delivery room it will probably only be my fiance/husband when we have kids cause I have to have C sections =(

My FMIL.....she'll be lucky if I even tell her I'm even having a baby.  I might wait till the poor child is 5-10 years old so they can spared her for awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards