New Hampshire
Options

Florist worries!

My mom is making me worried. She thinks that I want to go with a florist too far away from my venue. I know the florist delivers...so does it really matter, or is it better to go with a florist near by?

The florist in question is Lyndsey Loring in Dover, and the venue is Castleton in Windham.

How far away were/are your florists or other vendors?
Photobucket

Re: Florist worries!

• Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lyndsey is very popular on the board. Many of us will or have used her.
    dls.1215 used her for her wedding in Candia
    Chica7478 used lyndery for her wedding in Meredith 
    I am using her for mine in Hudson (although since I don't need anything set up I may have someone pick them up)

I wouldn't worry about it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You will be fine...the only difference may be the delivery charge.  BTW  I just got married at Castleton....it is gorgeous.  I know a lot of girls who used her at Castleton
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably going to book with her on Saturday.  And I know  there are a few people who have florists come from the cape up here and vise versa
  • Options
    redsoxfan619redsoxfan619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using her and my wedding is in Manchester NH. I wouldn't worry about it either, she recently agreed to meet with me again in a few months (my wedding is in Oct) to discuss final details.
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The great thing (of many) about Lyndsey is the that delivery & set up fee is $100. No matter what or where. 
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it---they keep the flowers refrigerated until they are ready to be transported and unless it's a really hot day, (in the car), I think it will be fine.

We're interviewing three florists--two are near the venue, (Jaffrey, NH) and the other is an hour away in Hudson, NH, (Anne's Country Florals).  Saw Anne's floral designs at the WZID bridal show a few weeks ago and loved her work.  Also, her prices are very reasonable compared to many of the other florists.  She said that she would only charge us a $50 delivery fee to transport flowers from Hudson to Jaffrey--which is over an hour away.  Not sure how her prices will be compared to the two florists near the venue--hoping to arrange meetings with them during February.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the advice. I think I would be clueless without this message board!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Def don't worry about it.  As long as the flowers are refrigerated they can hold up to travel.  My florist is in RI and we're getting married in Nashua, NH.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards