• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Bridalicious Boot Camp

21-Day Bridal Madness Makeover!

Howdy Knottie Brides! It's Fit Friday, but more importantly it's the start of the new contest, 21-Day Bridal Madness Makeover.

We'll start off with a move that I love because it's a variation on a pushup. Pushups are great for so many reasons, but primarily because you can do them anywhere (no gear needed) and they work your arms, rear shoulders, chest and core.

“T” Push-Ups

1. Place your palm flat on the floor and rotate your body in a side plank position with arm extended as shown in photo.
  2. Make sure to keep your body in a straight line from head to toe and draw the navel toward the spine to engage the core.
  3. Lower the extended arm to the floor until you are in a standard push-up position.
  4. Perform one push-up and then rotate your body into the side plank position again, facing the opposite direction.
  5. Repeat for the required repetitions while alternating sides on each rep

Re: 21-Day Bridal Madness Makeover!

• Knot JenniferKnot Jennifer member
    10 Comments First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    Go Knotties! We'll be checking in on Monday to make sure you did your workout!

Have a great (and healthy) weekend!
  • Hey, I forgot to tell you that the winner of the 21-Day Bridal Madness Makeover wins a Bridalcious Boot Camp DVD set and yoga mat! Plus of course, you get to put a jolt into your fitness program and start sweating for the wedding!

-Knot Fitness Coach Doug
  • How many reps are required? How do I enter? Not sure I get this challenge.
  • Howdy Bridalicious Knotties! Here's your first workout. To win the contest, you must post a message about your workouts during the 21 Days at least 2x per week. Go get ladies and let's do some serious sweating for the wedding!
    21-Day Bridal Madness Makeover

Workout #1 (10 minute workout)

Do the following circuit one time using the 20-10 method as specified below:

Click the link below each exercise to see a demonstration.

Hip Bridge - 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off (4 rounds)

http://bit.ly/161T6NH

4-2-1 Modified Pushups - 20 on, 10 off (4 rounds)

http://bit.ly/XMP3RR

Bent Over DB row - 20 on, 10 off (4 rounds)
    http://bit.ly/161QQ94

Plank - 20 on, 10 off (4 rounds)
    http://bit.ly/YNrgPY

DB Squats - 20 on, 10 off (4 rounds)

http://bit.ly/WCVlWk

If you cannot see the image below, click here:
    http://on.fb.me/Um92EX

-Knot Fitness Coach Doug

• edited March 2013
    This is awesome: the hubby to be is out of town for the week, so I've gotta come home early and feed the dogs...instead of getting my usual burn at the gym. I took the dogs for a long walk and ended it with today's 20.10 routine. Again: awesome.
  • Happy Wednesday Knottie Brides! Hope your 21-Day Bridal Madness Makeover is now well under way and you are focused like a laser beam on your health and fitness. Let's talk about diet and nutrition...it' soooooo important.

If losing unwanted body fat is your goal, the most significant factor is NOT awesome, high-intensity workouts. Nope. Those will certainly help, and they are very important in numerous ways, but DIET is #1. Focus on "high-density" foods, meaning foods dense in nutrients: protein-dense
    foods and fiber-dense foods.

Choose foods that have ONE ingredient, instead of packaged foods with a whole list of processed this, and added that with a bunch of long words you can't pronounce. ONE ingredient foods will help keep you full longer, give you sustained energy.

ONE ingredient foods: Fresh fruits, fresh veggies, protein (grass-fed), raw nuts, eggs, and even dairy products like Greek yogurt.

Post your comment in this thread. I'd love to hear about your workouts, your eating plan and the ways that I can help you reach your goals!!

-Knot Fitness Coach Doug

• Howdy Bridalicious Brides! I'm heading out of town, but I posted today's Fit Friday Workout to go live on our Bridalicious® by The Knot FB page Friday morning. So, make sure to stay on track and get in an awesome workout on Friday and head into your weekend with momentum and a positive feeling about your fitness goals! Smile

Go here on Friday morning and get your workout:
    http://on.fb.me/Um92EX

- Knot Fitness Coach Doug

• Hey there Bridalicious Knotties! Let's get the new week started off right and jump in with a total body fat loss workout!

Do the following circuit 2x, resting only when needed:

• Bodyweight Squat (40 sec)
    • Pushups or Kneeling Pushups (40 sec)
    • Split Shuffle (40 sec)
    • Plank to Pushup (40 secs)
    • 1-Leg Hip Bridge (20 sec/side)
    • Bent Over DB Row (40 sec)
    • Side Plank Hip Lift (20 secs/side)
    • Jumping Jacks (40 sec)
    • X-Body Mountain Climber (40 sec)

Finish off circuit with 5 jump squats followed by 5 pushups or kneeling pushups and repeat for 60 secs
    --Rest 1 minute and repeat entire circuit--

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to helpSmile

-Knot Fitness Coach Doug

• Love the "T" pushups. I tried to do 3 sets of 5. Eventually as I continue I know I can do more
  • I know I'm a little late posting, but I still would very much like to participate especially to get into a healthier weight for my wedding. I will definitely be doing adding the following circuit 2x, resting only when needed:• Bodyweight Squat (40 sec)• Pushups or Kneeling Pushups (40 sec)• Split Shuffle (40 sec)• Plank to Pushup (40 secs)• 1-Leg Hip Bridge (20 sec/side)• Bent Over DB Row (40 sec)• Side Plank Hip Lift (20 secs/side)• Jumping Jacks (40 sec)• X-Body Mountain Climber (40 sec)Finish off circuit with 5 jump squats followed by 5 pushups or kneeling pushups and repeat for 60 secs--Rest 1 minute and repeat entire circuit-- along with my cardio routine today at the gym.
  • Identify and Avoid Trigger Foods

It happens to the best of us: you’ve eaten right and exercised hard for weeks, and then one slice of cake at a party sends you into a downward spiral of eating too much and exercising too little.

It’s common to experience temporary relapses back to unhealthy ways of eating and lack of exercise, especially while a healthy, active lifestyle is still new.

But what triggers these relapses? Finding out the answer to this question will equip you to avoid future relapses altogether.

Anatomy of a Trigger Food

Trigger foods come in all flavors and sizes, but nearly all contain one (or all) of the Big Three. 1) Salt, 2) Sugar, or 3) Fat.

Processed foods are the most powerful triggers. These foods are literally made with your brain chemistry in mind, factoring in the addictive qualities of salt, sugar and fat. When the desire for sweets feels unbearable your body is literally craving more.

That’s why one slice of cake can lead to an entire weekend binge.

To avoid a relapse, steer clear of packaged foods that are high in salt, sugar and fat. See the Wholesome Cravings tip below for snacks to eat when cravings strike.

When you do fall victim to a trigger food, use the following 3 steps to get right back on your feet, and back to eating and exercising right.

Draw a line in the sand. Decide here and now that your relapse is over. Stop the self-destructive behavior and enlist the support from the important people in your life.

Remove the triggers from your home. Clean out the pantry, the freezer and the stash under your bed. Get these unhealthy foods out of your home and out of your way. See these items for what they really are—obstacles that prevent you from getting what you really want out of life.

Refocus your goals.
    Why were you eating healthy and exercising in the first place? Because you have goals. You have a vision of the healthy, fit body that you’re working to achieve. Focus your mind on your most desired goals and unleash your inner work ethic and determination.

I believe that it’s time for you to reap all the benefits of a fit and active lifestyle.

-Knot Fitness Coach Doug

• Do the following circuit 4x, resting for 1 minute between circuits. PERFORM EACH EXERCISE FOR 40 SECONDS. Rest ONLY between circuits.

Close-Stance Bodyweight Squat
    Close-Grip Push-Up
    Jumping Jacks
    Reverse Lunge
    Inchworm
    Run in Place
    DB SPLIT SQUAT ROW
    Mountain Climber
    BURPEES
    INCHWORM TO 2x PUSHUPs
    Run in Place

DO THE FOLLOWING 4x. PERFORM EACH EXERCISE FOR 20 SEC, fOLLOWED BY 10 SEC REST.

PUSHUPS
    BURPEES
  • Do the following circuit 5x, resting for 1 minute between circuits. Perform Each exercise for 40 seconds, with 10 SEConds transition time between exercises.

If you are unfamiliar with any of the exercises listed, you can see a video demo here:
    CIRCUIT #1:
    1) Plank to pushup
    2) Dead Lift
    3) DB Bent Over Row
    4) Forward-Reverse Lunge
    5) Up-Down Squat Thrust

Do the following circuit 4x,  Perform Each exercise for 20 seconds with 10 seconds rest between exercises.

CIRCUIT #2 - 20-10 Abs Finisher:
    1) Inchworm-plank-mountain climber
    2) Mountain Climber

If you are unfamiliar with any of the exercises listed, you can see a video demo here:
  • Fueling your workout!

Everyone has had those days where you are sitting behind your desk for hours upon hours.  You start to feel hunger pains in the pit of your stomach, but you are too busy to take a break.  You are grumpy and everything is starting to annoy you. You realize you can’t make it unless you rush to get a snack.  That is a sign your body is telling you that you NEED food immediately to function!  Food gives you fuel to complete your day.  You can’t work at your highest potential without proper nutrition.

Your body needs that same fuel when you workout! Nutrition is as important to your workout as your exercise goals. Before you workout, your body will need fuel to not only give you energy to complete your workout but also fuel helps you complete your workout with your best performance. After a workout, you will need to replenish what you lost.  I am here to give you the best snack ideas before and after every workout!

The BEST snack ideas before a workout:

Before a workout, you want to eat a snack high in carbohydrates and low in fiber that is easily digestible 2-4 hours prior to a workout!  The snack should be moderate in protein and low in fat. Ideas might vary based on what works for you.  The goal is to provide enough calories to sustain a workout but not too many to make you too full and not able to workout with your best performance. Stomach aches and exercise do not go hand in hand!  You might have to go through some trial and error to see what works with your body.

1.     Fruit: it is simple yet effective! A piece of banana or apple is a great snack to fill you up and provide your body with energy,

2.     Peanut butter on flourless bread (toast): Wheat toast made from flourless bread is a great whole grain and a small amount of peanut butter gives you protein.  This is a great light snack that is easy on the stomach!

3.     Smoothie with fruit, skim milk, low-fat Greek yogurt: you can be creative in the kitchen with this idea! The main focus is finding your favorite combination of fruit whether it is strawberry banana or mixed berries.  You can even add a little spinach in there! Trust me, the color may scare you but the taste does not change.  By adding in Greek yogurt, you get a little added protein bonus!

4.     Half of a turkey sandwich on wheat bread:  another great snack that provides great fuel for your workout! This combination will really sustain you during your workout.

5.     Oatmeal: try to avoid instant versions of oatmeal even if you are in a rush! They usually have extra added sugar which should be avoided.  You can make it ahead of time and just heat it up as needed. Add fruit and almonds for extra flavor!

The BEST snack ideas post workout:

After a workout, you want to eat a snack with carbohydrates and protein to replenish your muscles! Your muscles will be tired, and you need food for not only recovery but to get you ready for your next workout.

1.     Chocolate milk: You might think of chocolate milk as a treat you enjoyed as a little kid, but it is extremely beneficial post workout! Try to find a low-fat version or make it yourself. It provides important amino acids to build muscles and electrolytes lost in sweat.

2.     Low-fat Greek yogurt with fruit: Plain low-fat greek yogurt is extremely low in sugar and calories but high in protein.  You can add fruit and a little peanut butter to make it a delicious light recovery snack!

3.     Chicken breast, vegetables, and brown rice: this is a great idea if you are working out and want to eat dinner afterwards.  Chicken is a great source of protein while brown rice is a whole grain that provides carbohydrates.  Be creative with whatever nonstarchy vegetables you want to use!

4.     Low-fat tuna and whole grain crackers: You can use Greek yogurt instead of mayo and provide an even better punch of protein!

5.     Egg whites and wheat toast: eggs are a great source of protein and egg whites do not have cholesterol that regular eggs have.  Wheat toast will be a great source of carbohydrates!

Remember the right snacks to fuel and recover! Who is excited for their next workout?!

-Knot Fitness Coach Doug

• Here's part of a very exciting email
    from one of my boot camp brides:
    ----------------
    Doug, I went for my final dress fitting
    yesterday and I felt so great in it that
    I didn't want to take it off! Thanks for
    all of your help and motivation at boot
    camp! I'll be back after my honeymoon
    to be part of the "wives club."

-Cindi B.
    -----------------
    Funny thing about Cindi, she was
    frustrated when she first began boot camp.
    She couldn't understand why she wasn't
    seeing the results that some of the other
    ladies were seeing.

We sat down after boot camp for one of
    my wellness coaching sessions. I'll cut to
    the chase. We realized that Cindi was
    drinking waaaaayyy too many calories.
    Not necessarily alcohol, but fruit drinks,
    colas, energy drinks, and frappacinos.

Losing unwanted body fat is all about
    burning more calories than you take in
    on a daily basis. One of the simplest
    ways to eliminate potentially hundreds of
    mindless calories each day is to stop drinking
    everything except water. (A cup or two of black
    coffee in the morning and unsweetened
    green tea can be the only exceptions).

Yes, this includes the so-called healthy beverages
    like orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice
    and similar fruit juices. The vitamins and healthy
    ingredients are outweighed by the massive amount
    of sugar these drinks contain.

There are 24 grams of sugar in an eight ounce
    glass of the leading brand of orange juice!
    That's not a typo, there really are twenty-four grams.
    To put this into perspective, one measuring teaspoon
    of table sugar is equal to four grams. So, an eight
    ounce glass of a typical glass of OJ contains about
    six tablespoons of sugar!

And you know you don't just stop at one little eight
    ounce glass. Most of us will double that. 

What about fiber? It contains no fiber at all -- zero.

You know what has a full day's worth of Vitamin C? 
    Yes, you guessed it, an orange!  It also has four
    grams of fiber and only about 25% of the sugar.

So what about juice that is labeled "all natural?"

I still say don't drink juice.

In fact, don't drink anything that has calories
    (one other possible exception is a protein smoothie). 
    Instead, get your calories from wholesome food
    sources that are rich in nutrients and help fill you up.

The plan that we ended up with for Cindi was the
    goal of not to drink a single calorie for seven
    consecutive days. She should instead go for water,
    even flavored or sparkling waters. Add a squeeze
     of lime or lemon if it suits you.

Guess what happened? That week she dropped
    two pounds, so she kept it up, for the whole month,
    and the rest, as they say, is history. It's simple,
    easy to remember, and can make a real difference
    in the transformation of your body before the wedding.

-Knot Fitness Coach Doug

• ***RuthRod82*** 
    Congratulations!  You have been randomly selected and have won a Bridalicious DVD set and a yoga mat!  Please email your full name address to [email protected] to receive your goodies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards