Missouri-Kansas City

Jackstack?

Anyone have/having their RD at Jackstack or using them for catering?  What are your thoughts on price/service?

Re: Jackstack?

• edited December 2011
    We aren't using them for wedding related stuff, however, I have had them cater a work lunch before and it was good. I feel it is a little more expensive, however, if you are going to their restaurant then it would be worth it. If you just want them to cater though I feel you can get better BBQ for a better price. My favorite it Oklahoma Joe's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a rehearsal dinner there last year and thought it was really nice.  We were in the little building next to the main restaurant and it was nice to have a totally separate space.  The food was also delicious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our RD there!  The one in the freighthouse.  I think it's good food but it's expensive and they have a lot of little rules..like for one you can't take the leftovers home with you? They're really nice and great to work with.

We considered doing getting OK Joe's catered (I like the food a lot better at OK Joes)---It actually would have ended up being a lot less expensive. We looked at several different places---if you email OK Joe's catering service they should send you an email with some places they've catered before. 2 of our favorites were The Carraige House and one of the rooms at The BLVD Brewery. If you need any help/advice let me know---I'd be happy to help in anyway I can!!

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_jackstack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:b3f1701a-9046-482f-a05d-fe5417b45cf8Post:3c4cabd1-2ae0-4970-80d0-f3ce92f6c72f">Re: Jackstack?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having our RD there!  The one in the freighthouse.  I think it's good food but it's expensive and they have a lot of little rules..like for one you can't take the leftovers home with you? They're really nice and great to work with.   We considered doing getting OK Joe's catered (I like the food a lot better at OK Joes)---It actually would have ended up being a lot less expensive. We looked at several different places---if you email OK Joe's catering service they should send you an email with some places they've catered before. 2 of our favorites were The Carraige House and one of the rooms at The BLVD Brewery. If you need any help/advice let me know---I'd be happy to help in anyway I can!!
    Posted by MLC613[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!  FI and I don't really like the sauce at OK Joes, so we were trying for some place else.  Jackstack is very close to our venue, so that's why I was going to try there.  I guess I'll see just how pricey they are!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards