Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Best MAC location for getting makeup done??

Hi ladies - I want to get my makeup done for our engagement pictures and am thinking of going to a MAC in a mall.

Anyone have any experience with a really good MAC artist they can recommend?  Doesn't matter which location/mall.

Bobbi Brown is also in the malls and wonder how they would do?  Any experiences?

TIA!

Re: Best MAC location for getting makeup done??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Looking forward to responses!  I'm looking for the exact same :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED my MAC makeup that I got done in Uptown for our e-pics. I worked with Sarah Westman; she is the store's assistant manager. This was in October 2009, so I'm not sure if she still works there. But she was AWESOME! She took her time to make sure everything was EXACTLY how I wanted it. I'd highly recommend her :)
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks DCPrep!

Or I was going to say, if anyone has recommendations for a stylist in a salon too that does makeup really well that would work also!  Not sure how prices will compare to MAC's etc.  Plus with MAC you get to have the makeup too which is great.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just called the Uptown location and Sarah Westman now works at Mall of America, for anyone that'd like to know. 

Debating if I want to do the drive there, hmm, decisions decisions!

**Update - I called MOA and they do their stuff a little different due to the traffic they get, if you want to make an appointment then you are in a private room and you DON'T get the $50 worth of makeup.  Only for walk ups you get the makeup too, and she said on a Sat. it can be a two hour wait for that.  So if you want the makeup AND want to make an appointment you'd have to go to a different location other than MOA.

If that makes sense.  So if anyone has other artists they can recommend at other locations that'd be great! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MOA let my bridesmaids make appts and not have to use the backroom.  they just said that they may have to step away if they need to help a customer for a few minutes but as long as we were okay with that it was fine.  That was last January though so it may have changed.

I've had really good luck at Ridgedale Mall (MAC is in Macy's).  They typically aren't as busy and have been super nice the times I've had my make up done. 

I've also had mine done at Southdale and it was good as well.

sorry I don't have any specific names!

I went to Burnsville Mall for my wedding due to location and left completely frustrated.  The make up was fine but it took the girl almost 2 hours, putting me way behind schedule for my own wedding!!  The last hour wasn't enjoyable as I just watched the minutes tick away.  It seemed like the 2 girls working were very new and didn't know exactly what they were doing (good at makeup, but took forever to find colors, helping other customers, etc).
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait, so if you pay $50 to get your makeup done, they give you whatever they used? Full sizes? Or is it that they'll do your makeup if you buy $50 worth of stuff? I'm confused...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The MAC lady at the DT location said they will do your makeup for free with a $50 MAC makeup purchase.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they will do your makeup for free as long as you purchase $50 of MAC products.

Alternately, you can pay $50 for the off-the-floor private makeup application. You don't get to keep the makeup they use on you, but you do get a free tube of mascara to keep.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To me, if I'm paying the $50 I'd totally want the makeup, maybe I can see if Sarah can do it on the floor without the private room as I could care less if I had a private room.  I'll find out...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I have never had MAC make-up but I have gotten all of my make-up applications done recently at Simonson's Salon. It is like $30. I also went to Ulta to get some new eye shadow and one of the ladies put the make-up on me there. I am not sure if they make appointments, I looked on their website and they only listed they their hair services but you could call and see how they do it. I still need to make an appointment for mine... I just hadn't decided if I wanted to have it done or try to do it on my own... I am thinking I will have it done and pamper myself.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI ladies - Just an update, I called back MOA yesteday to see if Sarah could to my appointment on the floor and still get the $50 in makeup, but she said no, their policy is if you make an appointment you don't get the makeup, just the mascara like DC said.  Again, if I were to just walk into that store w/out an appt. and have someone do it on the floor then you get the makeup.  I don't want to chance sitting there for 2 hours though, I'd rather have an appt. 

So I'll either make an appt. at Ridgedale more than likely or maybe find someone else to do it.  It would be awesome if anyone had the name of a good artist at the Ridgedale location!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't the Uptown store have windows?  I would do that over the department stores in order to get the natural light.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards