Texas-Houston
Options

Downtown Venue

Looking for a venue close or around downtown to host my wedding ceremony in early October 2013.  Ideally I would like a place that is outdoors that has an indoor location as a back up.  I called the Hermann Park Garden center and they let me know that they are going to be closed for rennovations after July 30th.  Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Downtown Venue

• Options
    There aren't many places in or near downtown that have outdoor location for weddings because of space. The closest that I can think of is the Parador, which is near the museum district. It is a nice place that is on the higher end as far as pricing. They do have both indoor and outdoor options. If you want outdoor in downtown, it's going to be mostly parks like Discovery Green or Sam Houston Park, although those are raw spaces where you'd have to do everything yourself. 

Petroleum Club is downtown. They are indoor, but it's in one of the high rise buildings with floor to ceiling windows so the view is beautiful. Courtyard on St. James is in the Galleria, but they have both indoor and outdoor space, and their prices are very reasonable. The Bell Tower on 34th is not far from downtown. It's a very nice venue with both indoor and outdoor space, but it's pretty expensive if you want a Saturday night wedding. 

One thing to think about downtown is that parking is very expensive. 

I hope this was helpful. Good luck!

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    The Gallery would be an option, also look at the Alden - they have a veranda space which is semi outdoors and as far as parking some places offer valet where you pay per car and it is part of your package price - zaza does something like this
  • Options
    The Grove would work too. What is your size requirement? 
  • Options
    I'm going to be contacting the Grove today.  We are looking at somewhere between 175-200 people.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_downtown-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:be31a247-3c5c-4c1c-8c8c-aff8eb4f036aPost:780284ad-5af6-4b70-8855-e28d051cd9eb">Re: Downtown Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Grove would work too. What is your size requirement? 
    Posted by dkleinen[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    The grove is beautiful, but to have that many people you'd have to have some guests indoors and some outdoor. I could be wrong, but I am about 99% sure on this.I believe food and beverage minimum is around $8k for Saturday night. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2012
    The Grove's deck can hold 150 people for a ceremony and/or a cocktail reception.

For a seated dinner, you'd have to seat people inside and outside (which I wouldn't recommend)

And I know that to rent both spaces, the inside and outside, the FB min is 9k, but it may be less for just the deck (it's only 4,500 for just the inside). 

SaveSave
  • Options
    Gardens of Bammel Lane can accomodate about 160. It is indoor/outdoor and can accomodate rain.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone, I really appreciate all of the suggestions!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well now that we have officially booked, I'm more than willing to share my space with the world! Consider the Wortham Theater. There's an outside gazebo near a waterfall as well as the grand foyer/lobby area that is extremely spacious. The site itself is extremely budget friendly, probably since its a city of Houston building. You only have to worry about the licensing and fees and refundable deposit.
    Wedding Website: www.marcusandorjanel.com Save the Date Commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE0OOnirn14&amp;noredirect=1 Wedding Date: August 24, 2013!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards