New York-Western

? for recently married buffalo girls (re: gifts)

First off, congrats on your weddings from a Buffalo knottie from 5 years ago!  

I'm curious to see what the average cash wedding gift was for the area.  I feel like times have changed the past couple years since I was married and I don't want to short change anyone this coming summer.  Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Re: ? for recently married buffalo girls (re: gifts)

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    I would say $100 is pretty standard per couple. If you are by yourself $100 still seems to be the standard.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Agreed.  Average dinners in the area (for formal venues) are around $35-70pp, and typically the ettiquite of gift giving is to cover the cost of your dinner. soooo anywhere from $50-100 seems appropriate.
  • That's what I was thinking about I just wanted to make sure.  Thanks for the help girls!  
  • Agreed w/ PPs. I would say $50-$100 is appropriate
  • I would say $100, but if the reception is somewhere really cheap, their backyard, less, at a nicer venue, then I would say more,  if you're getting married at say westwood cc, it costs the bride $100/pp so you should at least cover that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards