Military Brides

Yes

1235»

Re: Yes

• KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:cd37a1f4-bdde-45cc-b42f-4e941dd8e599">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you want to do?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    I'm gonna get my CPA
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:b02605bd-5781-4676-a6a8-86301afbfa47">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay guys, I understand where a lot of you are coming from...but come on. This has gotten to the point of 5th grade bullying. I mean people make mistakes...they fail at college for many reasons. But it isn't my place to tell them that they should or shouldn't continue to pursue their passions..even if it is just the flavor of the week. You can't really declare a major in CC anyway. It is mostly just gen-eds. That is great about the first 2 years of college, you can be flexible, you can change your mind a million times.  The fact that kendell doesn't admit her plans might change is completely normal. Coming from someone that changed their major several times, you don't plan for it..it just happens. Some statistic said that some large number of college grads don't even get a job in their major...and it doesn't matter.  While I am on the side that she is a stupid little girl, picking on her just because has gotten retarded. I mean really...the siggy?  I don't understand how you can have 3000 in debt from the community college. WTF? Different prices in different towns but <strong>I know people that their whole associates degree from the local community college was about 2000.</strong>
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    I seriously wanna know how that is possible. At the school<em> </em>I was at a full time student, no lab fees, and not including books is about 1200. With lab fees and everything its about 1500. Take that in to two terms and its 3k
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:b02605bd-5781-4676-a6a8-86301afbfa47">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay guys, I understand where a lot of you are coming from...but come on. This has gotten to the point of 5th grade bullying. I mean people make mistakes...they fail at college for many reasons. <strong>But it isn't my place to tell them that they should or shouldn't continue to pursue their passions..even if it is just the flavor of the week. You can't really declare a major in CC anyway. It is mostly just gen-eds. That is great about the first 2 years of college, you can be flexible, you can change your mind a million times.  The fact that kendell doesn't admit her plans might change is completely normal. Coming from someone that changed their major several times, you don't plan for it..it just happens. </strong>Some statistic said that some large number of college grads don't even get a job in their major...and it doesn't matter.  While I am on the side that she is a stupid little girl, picking on her just because has gotten retarded. I mean really...the siggy?  I don't understand how you can have 3000 in debt from the community college. WTF? Different prices in different towns but I know people that their whole associates degree from the local community college was about 2000.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    I never once said to not go to school or to even not to declare a major, but to recognize that it could change in a year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. And to recognize that things don't go the way they planned, and that things happen. Nobody plans to change their major, but coming from someone who has been there I'm telling her to recognize that it could happen and to be prepared for that. I wish someone would have told me that when I was 18. The same goes for other aspects of life. You can't depend on something to definitely happen, because it might not. that's the point I'm trying to get across to Kendall. I fully support her going back to school and getting a degree, but to recognize that even if she knows thats what she wants to do now, it can definitely change. Heck, it could change after she takes 3 classes in that subject area and then she will be changing her major again. AND THAT'S OK.  Kendall just needs to keep an open mind on things and recognize that she doesn't have all the answers. No one does, but people do have good advice and suggestions that are given to her to not put her down but to help her.

Basically my main point is that Kendall should worry about what she is doing to better her life, on her own, so she can support herself, and not depend on her FI to get commissioned, or to take care of her or anything. The best piece of advice my mom ever gave me was to be able to take care of yourself first before you get married, etc. 

Honestly, it scares me  for her that she is considering getting married so young, without really any plan for the future, for herself. She has her FI's plans, great, but until 2 days ago she wasn't even planning to start school back up again. I don't want Kendall to come back in 5-10 years and say that she can't get divorced because she has 2 children, no degree, and no way to take care of herself. That's a scary place to be and I wouldn't want that for anyone.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm fully aware that things will change. FI is proving that to me everyday. As of right now, I'm planning on getting my CPA. Now does that really matter at this point? Sorta. The classes for the medical stuff and the Business stuff are different. Could I change my mind in 6 months and decide to become a stage hand? Sure. Right now that is my plan. As for FI's plan God only knows...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:6c4f33e8-3ea1-4e64-a739-fd8918f4535b">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : I never once said to not go to school or to even not to declare a major, but to recognize that it could change in a year, 2 years, 5 years, etc. And to recognize that things don't go the way they planned, and that things happen. Nobody plans to change their major, but coming from someone who has been there I'm telling her to recognize that it could happen and to be prepared for that. I wish someone would have told me that when I was 18. The same goes for other aspects of life. You can't depend on something to definitely happen, because it might not. that's the point I'm trying to get across to Kendall. I fully support her going back to school and getting a degree, but to recognize that even if she knows thats what she wants to do now, it can definitely change. Heck, it could change after she takes 3 classes in that subject area and then she will be changing her major again. AND THAT'S OK.  Kendall just needs to keep an open mind on things and recognize that she doesn't have all the answers. No one does, but people do have good advice and suggestions that are given to her to not put her down but to help her. Basically my main point is that Kendall should worry about what she is doing to better her life, on her own, so she can support herself, and<strong> not depend on her FI to get commissioned</strong>, or to take care of her or anything. The best piece of advice my mom ever gave me was to be able to take care of yourself first before you get married, etc.  Honestly, it scares me  for her that she is considering getting married so young, without really any plan for the future, for herself. She has her FI's plans, great, but until 2 days ago she wasn't even planning to start school back up again. I don't want Kendall to come back in 5-10 years and say that she can't get divorced because she has 2 children, no degree, and no way to take care of herself. That's a scary place to be and I wouldn't want that for anyone.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]
    I'm not depending on that at all. I'd rather he didn't to be honest. But it is his choice.<div>If FI and I broke up today, I would be okay.  Life happenes and I know that</div>
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:a8e5357d-54af-4d2b-83f6-e0a93411d62a">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : I'm not depending on that at all. I'd rather he didn't to be honest. But it is his choice. If FI and I broke up today, I would be okay.  Life happenes and I know that
    Posted by KendallR10[/QUOTE]
    Ok thats good, and yes today you would be ok because its not that hard to take care of just you, and maybe you could go home right? But I'm not talking about today, I'm talking about in the future what will happen?

Background: My mom got married young, my dad had a good job, they had 4 children. 2002 My dad decided he didn't want to be with her anymore. he left, but neither filed for divorce. Why? My mom couldn't because she couldn't afford to. Even though I was older and she didn't need to take care of any kids (I'm the youngest of 4), she wouldn't be able to afford her own health insurance, bills on the house etc. Why? Because she worked retail jobs and the like for their entire marriage because she managed the family most of the time. (Disclaimer: My parents are back together, thats a whole other story haha. Oh and neither have college degrees). You don't want to be my mom. You don't want to be fearful of how you will manage your life if you divorce. You want to be able to walk away, at any point, and know that you can take care of yourself and your children without any help from him if need be.
  • edited December 2011
    I know I'm joining in kind of late it the game, and I don't have much to contribute except that when I started college, I was 100% sure what I wanted to do and had been for almost my whole life. By the end of my first semester, I changed my mind. By the end of my third, I changed my mind back. And then changed it again. Kendall, whatever you decide you want to do, I highly recommend you get out there and try it. Just find someone local who does what you want to do, and see if you can shadow/observe for a few hours a week. That was what made me change my mind so much--I got it in my head that I really wanted to do something, but I didn't realize it wasn't for me until I got out there and tried it. I spent time in a vet's office, in a pre-k, a middle school Spanish class, a high school remedial English class, an OT's office in an elementary school, and never actually fell in love with a profession until I ended up in a PT's office on a whim. Of course these all happened over a span of a couple years, a couple of them I got school credit for (the ones in the Spanish and English classes), and community service for others, so they were all different situations. Honestly it's the advice I give to anyone I know trying to decide on a major--try it out first. Good luck.
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:7e3d11c2-181b-4824-8db4-98a20ec07223">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : I seriously wanna know how that is possible. At the school   I was at a full time student, no lab fees, and not including books is about 1200. With lab fees and everything its about 1500. Take that in to two terms and its 3k

<div>I apologize that was a typo, It was supposed to be 3000. I guess this was also several years ago, I did check.. the tuition has doubled since she went to school there. She paid $50 per credit hour which at 15 hours a semester for 4 semesters comes out to roughly $3000. I guess that is my fault, I had not looked into CCs tuition in YEARS. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Amanda- CC greatly changes from state to state. I was paying 1,200 a QUARTER at a CC here locally. (so 3,600 for a year, not including summer quarter and books)

I just want to put this out there: You don't NEED to know what you want to do if you're just going to a CC. You get a basic AA (with a concentration on math, history, english, whatever if you WANT because you may be interested in it, and if that CC offers that) but if you're going to a university after it's an AA transfer degree... And you just need to complete the GURs (general undergrad requirements). A CC doesn't expect you to know what you want to do, and you don't need to. You DO need to get those "silly classes" as you put it, out of the way if you plan on getting a bs/ba and those are basic classes, so why would you put off doing that? I don't understand... Am I reading this conversation wrong?
    I get what Samij is saying about not being ready, but I feel like that's the point of CCs.. to ween you into higher education. Glad to hear that you have a "plan" set forth with your advisor. expect it to change. It always does. We are all on our own paths in life, and that may mean putting off college for a while as you have, taking random classes until you figure out what you want (that's kinda the point of requiring GURs). But please don't give up on a higher education. That's a priceless buy.
    It's naiive to expect that the FAFSA will give you money. You may not get it.. Will you still be able to afford college? Try to pretend like you won't get anything and go from there. Remember that the FAFSA can also offer you loans, not just grants... Most people end up with loans.
    Consider connecting with the wives club. I get information in my inbox all the time from the OSC regarding spouses scholarships and grants. Just another thing to consider.. But my advice is to stay saving, even if it's just 10% of every paycheck (which is the standard amount one should be saving from every paycheck as is anyway) 
  • edited December 2011
    Okay, I wasn't saying she shouldn't go back to school at all, or saying she shouldn't go back right now to be mean, I was saying that if she's not in the mindset to go back to school, it's going to be a huge waste of money.  She can say "I want to be an astronaut and that's what I'm going to school for" all day long, but if she doesn't stick to it and apply herself, she's going to end up failing out again. She has now in the span of a week decided to get married, decided to go back to school, and suddenly knows what she wants to be when she grows up.  And I find it really hard not to roll my eyes at that.  IMO, thats too much too soon. 

So no, I'm not being a 5th grade Bully Amanda.  And FTR, Kendall has earned the way she's treated on here.  She's been obnoxious, rude, condescending, sneaky & over dramatic since day one.  She apologizies every once in a while, but then goes right back to the way she was.  Pardon me if I call her out on that.  Go back and read some of her older posts, like from March, April or May.. When she shows her "true" colors, although according to her, she's not herself on the board anyway.

Kendall- You need to check in and see if your school is in the clearing house program (They may call it something different).  If they are, you're going to have to give them transcripts from your previous CC anyway.  If you did as bad as you say you did, that may follow you anyway.  My Dad went forgot a few classes that he had taken at the school he teaches at, and when he was applying for his doctoral program he didn't tell them, and they sent him a letter saying "You didn't tell us about this class, we need that transcript!"  He didn't put those classes down because he knew they wouldn't apply to his doctorate, but they found out anyway.  I just wanted to give you a heads up.

And FTR (again) CC's vary by region, state, and even county.  At my school its $66.50 per credit hour, but when I PCS with H, I'll be going to a school thats $84.75, only 2 hours away. 
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:72c54cc8-3f08-48f2-8766-f94b96481d8d">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda- CC greatly changes from state to state. I was paying 1,200 a QUARTER at a CC here locally. (so 3,600 for a year, not including summer quarter and books) I just want to put this out there: You don't NEED to know what you want to do if you're just going to a CC. You get a basic AA (with a concentration on math, history, english, whatever if you WANT because you may be interested in it, and if that CC offers that) but if you're going to a university after it's an AA transfer degree... And you just need to complete the GURs (general undergrad requirements). A CC doesn't expect you to know what you want to do, and you don't need to. You DO need to get those "silly classes" as you put it, out of the way if you plan on getting a bs/ba and those are basic classes, so why would you put off doing that? I don't understand... Am I reading this conversation wrong? I get what Samij is saying about not being ready, but I feel like that's the point of CCs.. to ween you into higher education. Glad to hear that you have a "plan" set forth with your advisor. expect it to change. It always does. We are all on our own paths in life, and that may mean putting off college for a while as you have, taking random classes until you figure out what you want (that's kinda the point of requiring GURs). But please don't give up on a higher education. That's a priceless buy. I<strong>t's naiive to expect that the FAFSA will give you money. You may not get it.. Will you still be able to afford college? Try to pretend like you won't get anything and go from there. Remember that the FAFSA can also offer you loans, not just grants... Most people end up with loans.</strong> Consider connecting with the wives club. I get information in my inbox all the time from the OSC regarding spouses scholarships and grants. Just another thing to consider.. But my advice is to stay saving, even if it's just 10% of every paycheck (which is the standard amount one should be saving from every paycheck as is anyway) 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
    I don't think that the FAFSA is going to give me any money. I know I have to take out a loan. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF is with the edit button?!?!?!

The "silly" classes I've already taken. Like speech and the stupid computer class.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:2fd05f95-2b6d-4349-a0f6-642a168d5619">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I wasn't saying she shouldn't go back to school at all, or saying she shouldn't go back right now to be mean, I was saying that if she's not in the mindset to go back to school, it's going to be a huge waste of money.  She can say "I want to be an astronaut and that's what I'm going to school for" all day long, but if she doesn't stick to it and apply herself, she's going to end up failing out again. She has now in the span of a week decided to get married, decided to go back to school, and suddenly knows what she wants to be when she grows up.  And I find it really hard not to roll my eyes at that.  IMO, thats too much too soon.  So no, I'm not being a 5th grade Bully Amanda.  And FTR, Kendall has earned the way she's treated on here.  She's been obnoxious, rude, condescending, sneaky & over dramatic since day one.  She apologizies every once in a while, but then goes right back to the way she was.  Pardon me if I call her out on that.  Go back and read some of her older posts, like from March, April or May.. When she shows her "true" colors, although according to her, she's not herself on the board anyway. Kendall- You need to check in and see if your school is in the clearing house program (They may call it something different).  If they are, you're going to have to give them transcripts from your previous CC anyway.  If you did as bad as you say you did, that may follow you anyway.  My Dad went forgot a few classes that he had taken at the school he teaches at, and when he was applying for his doctoral program he didn't tell them, and they sent him a letter saying "You didn't tell us about this class, we need that transcript!"  He didn't put those classes down because he knew they wouldn't apply to his doctorate, but they found out anyway.  I just wanted to give you a heads up. And FTR (again) CC's vary by region, state, and even county.  At my school its $66.50 per credit hour, but when I PCS with H, I'll be going to a school thats $84.75, only 2 hours away. 
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm going to be giving the new CC my transcripts. The only classes that I failed are health classes that don't matter anyways. 

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Kendall: I originally said congrats because I know you aren't gonna change your mind because you haven't yet even when everyone is telling you to. I usually think it's just you and me being bullied here but I was wrong and I'm on everyone else's side here. Your comments are just plain stupid sometimes to be blunt. I mean saying don't go to the Bahamas because it's "Spendy" and "the slide is cool but that's about it" that's just stupid. It also really bothers me you say when your FI commissions. My FI is going through a lot right now because they found his ACL is torn again and he may not be able to stay in and he wanted to make a career of it, go to PT school with the Army, then be a PT and give back to everyone who has helped him and other soldiers. He may not be able to do that. That's what he's wanted to do for a LONG time now but you know what things change. Then you attack some new person asking if her FI would even get in. You say you don't like the girls on these boards but you chase away new people! You would know more about FAFSA and the finances of your school if you looked into your options more before starting. I'm also with SamiJoe, it really bothers me that you were unemployed so your backup plan was the Army and now that you found a job it's no longer in your plans. You should join if you want to serve your country not because you were desperate for employment and benefits.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:4327c38c-03c2-48d6-b831-b1d3fae51229">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kendall: I originally said congrats because I know you aren't gonna change your mind because you haven't yet even when everyone is telling you to. I usually think it's just you and me being bullied here but I was wrong and I'm on everyone else's side here. Your comments are just plain stupid sometimes to be blunt. I mean <strong>saying don't go to the Bahamas because it's "Spendy" and "the slide is cool but that's about it" that's just stupid.</strong> It also really bothers me you say when your FI commissions. My FI is going through a lot right now because they found his ACL is torn again and he may not be able to stay in and he wanted to make a career of it, go to PT school with the Army, then be a PT and give back to everyone who has helped him and other soldiers. He may not be able to do that. That's what he's wanted to do for a LONG time now but you know what things change. Then you attack some new person asking if her FI would even get in. You say you don't like the girls on these boards but you chase away new people! You would know more about FAFSA and the finances of your school if you looked into your options more before starting. <strong>I'm also with SamiJoe, it really bothers me that you were unemployed so your backup plan was the Army and now that you found a job it's no longer in your plans. You should join if you want to serve your country not because you were desperate for employment and benefits.</strong>
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I didn't say don't go to the bahama's. I still want to go just not to the Atlantis hotel. What I said about it is true. 
    <div>
    </div><div>Enlisting was my plan from the time I was in the 6th grade until my junior year of high school. It was my plan with my best friend. Once she died I had no desire. I thought I could do it with out her. Once I realized I couldn't, I don't want to anymore. 

</div></div>
  • edited December 2011
    Why are you putting quotes aroudn "silly" as if to mock me? I put quotes around that word because YOU said it. wtf...
    I wasn't saying you ARE expecting anything from FAFSA, I was making a general statement. I'm just saying please DON'T. No need to be defensive kendall.

haha sami.. I just mentioned about the CC varying by region. Great minds think like :P
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:b484d2d4-0ec4-4398-a9a9-d83960b5ecf1">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : I'm going to be giving the new CC my transcripts. The only classes that I failed are health classes that don't matter anyways. 

They will matter, because they affect your overall GPA. That's how your GPA works.  You don't get to pick and choose what grades they'll put in it.  If your GPA was a 2.3 at your other CC, you'll start with a 2.3 there regardless of your new major..
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:77a1b858-8317-4790-a92a-3a00d4623c4d">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : They will matter, because they affect your overall GPA. That's how your GPA works.  You don't get to pick and choose what grades they'll put in it.  If your GPA was a 2.3 at your other CC, you'll start with a 2.3 there regardless of your new major..
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    They won't matter for credits or my major. I do understand that they will affect my GPA
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:575be5ac-c523-4e62-82ff-c28e2bcaf761">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : They won't matter for credits or my major. I do understand that they will affect my GPA
    I would beg to differ. Your grades will matter especially to your major. It could affect getting into certain programs, classes, etc
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:a9890409-c13f-44c2-9d8c-51d0dd7f9339">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : I would beg to differ. Your grades will matter especially to your major. It could affect getting into certain programs, classes, etc
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]
    If I have to I will take them over. Its not that big of a deal
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:d5a8e3e0-b062-4b1d-aa4b-784215393ecf">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : If I have to I will take them over. Its not that big of a deal
    If you're concerned about money then yeah it is kind of a big deal because you'll have to pay to retake them. I'd just make sure you're looking into all your options. And I saw you got another job. Will you be able to handle two jobs and school? It's a lot to think about
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:c45809a3-053a-4cab-adc4-5733bdfe5723">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : If you're concerned about money then yeah it is kind of a big deal because you'll have to pay to retake them. I'd just make sure you're looking into all your options. And I saw you got another job. Will you be able to handle two jobs and school? It's a lot to think about
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]
    Right now the one for target is only seasonal so its not even for sure that I will have 2 jobs by the time I get to school. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:77a1b858-8317-4790-a92a-3a00d4623c4d">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : They will matter, because they affect your overall GPA. That's how your GPA works.  You don't get to pick and choose what grades they'll put in it.  If your GPA was a 2.3 at your other CC, you'll start with a 2.3 there regardless of your new major..
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

Not always true. I WISH this were true in the state of Washington...
    Here in WA when you transfer to a new college they do LOOK at your GPA, but they clear all your gpa and you start out at -.-- again.
    It blows.
    I lost my beautiful 4.0 booooo
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_yes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:10514b14-311b-4dff-a3a7-6e252f2e2dc2Post:5757f7a7-cd15-460e-96dd-f9ff313695f9">Re: Yes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yes : Not always true. I WISH this were true in the state of Washington... Here in WA when you transfer to a new college they do LOOK at your GPA, but they clear all your gpa and you start out at -.-- again. It blows. I lost my beautiful 4.0 booooo
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I stand corrected. I took classes when I was stationed in WA, but I'm guessing since there weren't like a UofW or a WA state school maybe that's why? who knows.  I have to say though as far as schools (CC and Uni's) go in NC & AL, I generally know a lot, but admittedly not so much about schools out there.  But thats because of my daddy..
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards