Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Should I be concerned?

Three months ago my FI and I met with our baker, did a tasting and decided that we wanted to go with them to do both our bride and groom cakes. I gave the lady some pictures of the lace on my dress because we are going to have the cake decorated in the same pattern and she told me she would get a design drawn up and sent to me and I gave her my email. I told her we would follow up with the design of FI's cake because he wasn't sure what he wanted yet. I followed up a few days later and attached the picture of what he wanted in an email to her. We haven't heard anything from her since then. I would like to follow up since she did promise a drawing of my cake design but I'm stuck on what to say. Our wedding is still 2.5 months away and the payment of the cake is due 4 weeks before the wedding- no deposit was required. We both really loved this bakery and they are reputable. We definitely don't want to use anyone else! Advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Should I be concerned?

• Options
    Considering this is wedding season she is probably really busy and just hasn't had the time. How long has it been since you contacted her? If it has been a week or two I don't see a problem with just giving her a call. All you have to say is something to the effect of "I just wanted to follow up to make sure you got the email we sent you (whenever you sent it)." Ask her how things are going with the design she is drawing and ask when you can expect to see it.
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_should-i-be-concerned?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:81bbe7af-d946-4c0a-a052-c4cc982458fdPost:a0f6a781-1708-4389-9b2f-d55a626c188e">Re: Should I be concerned?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Considering this is wedding season she is probably really busy and just hasn't had the time. How long has it been since you contacted her? If it has been a week or two I don't see a problem with just giving her a call. All you have to say is something to the effect of "I just wanted to follow up to make sure you got the email we sent you (whenever you sent it)." Ask her how things are going with the design she is drawing and ask when you can expect to see it.
    Posted by tiffysue2012[/QUOTE]

Wow! We must have the same wedding date! 9/29?

I haven't contacted her since I sent the email of FI's picture and that was on April 12 because I knew it was wedding season and I didn't want to be a pest considering our wedding isn't until the end of September!  Do you think it's better to call or email her?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If it were me, I'd call first, if no response in a week, I'd go visit. I wouldn't wait around too much longer.
  • Options
    Call.  I actually have an issue with some email systems not letting through email from my personal account (it's very weird, I don't have a very professional-sounding email account, not sure if that's the issue), so call to confirm that she got it and follow up about the timeline.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_should-i-be-concerned?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:81bbe7af-d946-4c0a-a052-c4cc982458fdPost:435adcc7-8ad0-4e47-bc9b-bd354991b7ab">Re: Should I be concerned?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should I be concerned? : Wow! We must have the same wedding date! 9/29? I haven't contacted her since I sent the email of FI's picture and that was on April 12 because I knew it was wedding season and I didn't want to be a pest considering our wedding isn't until the end of September!  Do you think it's better to call or email her?
    Posted by futuremrscsr[/QUOTE]

I would call her.
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    I would call her to follow up and to see if she got your last email.  Then I would ask when you should expect the drawings of both cakes.

• Options
    Thanks for the advice! I called her and she said I was on her list of people to call since our wedding is getting so close! We are going to meet with her in a few weeks once we have a better idea of RSVPs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards