Attire & Accessories Forum

ok knotties need help. What to wear to someone's up coming wedding

I have no idea what to wear to an upcoming wedding me and my fiance are attending in March in Miami, FL.  I think its a formal wedding but not sure, have saured the invite and asked both bride and groom what I should wear.  The groom said he is wearing a tux and bride said the bridesmaid are wearing fusia.  Any ideas?

Re: ok knotties need help. What to wear to someone's up coming wedding

• How formal is the invite?  That's usually your best clue into what you should wear.  If after looking at the invitation you still aren't sure on formality I'd say your best bet is to wear a LBD, dress it up with jewelry, and then if you arrive and discover you're overdressed just take off the jewelry.  Tada!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it's an evening wedding and the groom is in a full tux, I'd probably err on the side of caution and go formal.  If it's an afternoon wedding, it's probably not full on black-tie formal.  Is it indoor or outdoor?  These should be clues.

Or you could just ask the bride or someone else that's going if it's formal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Another clue is the venue.  Is it at a country club or fancy hotel ballroom in the evening?  Then it's dressier.  In an outdoor setting in the afternoon?  Not as dressy.
  • For Florida I'd say a dress with heels, a solid color might keep it from looking too informal just in case. You could do any color, but do not do white or fuschia... you don't want to look like the bride or bridesmaids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards