Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

I'm a bad girl!

I can't HELP but stalk our registries! I really thought that I would have enough self-control not to, but every day I just can't help myself.
For all you OMH's who registry stalked, did you see a whole lot of progress in the weeks prior to the wedding? I know that we're still a month out, so there won't be a whole lot of action quite yet, but I'm just do darn interested to see what we are actually going to get!

Re: I'm a bad girl!

• edited December 2011
    I saw a lot of action right before my shower.  There was a lot of action around the wedding, but I forgot to check it that last week (when the majority of the stuff was purchased), so it was fun to be surprised when we opened gifts after the wedding.
  • dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I go through phases of this, too...
    I know it is SO bad (and I feel guilty) but every once in a while, I'll think of something to add - then go thru the whole thing... ugh.

I should totally stop...

• edited December 2011
    Actually, we started actually getting our gifts in the mail very soon after the invitations went out, and we were so busy opening them and writing TY notes we never thought to check the registry. You might be surprised -- you might get a few soon too. Those first gifts were SO fun to open. I'm going to be sending my wedding gifts early from now on, I think. :)
  • LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm addicted to looking too, but it's because we are already getting gifts and our wedding is still a long time from now! haha

Also, what does OMH stand for? i've tried looking but couldn't find it

image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Yea we started getting things already too! I stalk on occaassion. Now that you mentioned it I will probably go look at it. I don't feel as bad because FI has apparently been doing it too.

Courtski -- We have ONE MONTH left tomorrow!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I tried really hard not to stalk ours as we got close to showers and wedding.  I did a thought and didn't notice a ton of activity after the first shower then it picked up a little right before the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't stalk mine at first.  We received a few gifts in the mail before the wedding or showers.  I think I stalked it more towards the end.  Once or twice.  We still have yet to receive a toaster that was purchased off our registry. 
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_im-bad-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:25e9a7e9-9cd2-42e7-beab-701191f531d9Post:e19357cd-832d-4c59-8c02-8c3d637bb6f8">Re: I'm a bad girl!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Courtski -- We have ONE MONTH left tomorrow!!!!
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

EEEK!! When are you guys going to get your marriage license? J and I thought about going on Thursday or Friday, but I'm really not sure how long I want it sitting around the house!
  • edited December 2011
    My family is a bunch of crazy people who didn't buy off the registry. So now I am stuck with a bunch of stuff I didn't want or already have. Bwahaha. So far I have gotten 2 sets of dishes and a few other things for my shower, but not much movement yet, and we're 1 month out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I stalk it all the time. FI gets mad at me. When something was purchased, I tried to figure out who bought it for me. It was hit before the shower and after the shower maybe two things have been purchased. I don't look at at as closely as I did before the shower. Now, occasionally I go on there if I'm bored.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_im-bad-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:25e9a7e9-9cd2-42e7-beab-701191f531d9Post:b7889a67-ac64-426e-a109-09487857eb57">Re: I'm a bad girl!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a bad girl! : EEEK!! When are you guys going to get your marriage license? J and I thought about going on Thursday or Friday, but I'm really not sure how long I want it sitting around the house!
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

We are getting it on May 26th. We both took the day off since we are having the furniture delivered to his house. Did you know you have to get it back to the court offices before the 30 days are up. One of the girls on our Month board posted about it. We are having FFIL put them in the mail while we are in St. Lucia.
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_im-bad-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:25e9a7e9-9cd2-42e7-beab-701191f531d9Post:b4124d99-b958-403d-8839-60e34d0f1425">Re: I'm a bad girl!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a bad girl! : We are getting it on May 26th. We both took the day off since we are having the furniture delivered to his house. Did you know you have to get it back to the court offices before the 30 days are up. One of the girls on our Month board posted about it. We are having FFIL put them in the mail while we are in St. Lucia.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that we had to get it in before the 30 days were up...I just knew that we couldn't get married outside of the 30 days. Sheesh. I was thinking that Friday was the first day that we would be able to since we would be within 30, but I'll play it safe and get it next week :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards