Destination Weddings Discussions

teeth whitening

Has anyone had good results with at home teeth whitening kits?  I really would like to make my teeth a few shades brighter but don't really want to have to have it done at my dentist.  I was thinking of making an appt with him for March, but thought I'd ask around and see if there is a good home kit to try.

Any suggestions?

Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary

Re: teeth whitening

• Jen I had awesome results with the Crest White strips for my last wedding. Everyone including my dentist commented on them. He thought I got my teeth whitened by another dentist! You can add the toothpaste and mouth wash to the strips as well. I just bought a kit from Groupon because it was $30 so I thought I'd try it. I'm a tuLly hving my teeth cleaned tonight so when I get home I will try the kit. If I don't like the results I'm buying the white strips. My dtr got hers professionally done after getting her braces off and I swear the white strips were way better.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Oh cool...I'll definitely try them first!  Let me know if you get good results with the kit you have the groupon for.  I'm interested in hearing people's experiences ;)

Anniversary
  • I will definately post my results! Not pics though cause teeth gross me out lol
  • Yeah, let us know! I've always wanted to try strips but I'm afraid they'll stain my teeth. How long does it last?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I use the strips, too. However, I buy the Target generic brand for about a third of the price and they work  just as well.
  • I have tried the strips in the past.  They worked but I have never been able to finish a box because my teeth start to get really sensitive part way through.
    imageAnniversary
  • Hey ladies! I'm a dental professional and the best product for at home whitening are the crest whitestrips. They have actual studies supporting them so I would stick to that brand but I haven't heard anything bad about other brands. Stay away from whitening toothpastes as a regular toothpaste because it can cause recession - it doesn't actually whiten it just removes surface stain and is very abrasive Whitening mouthrinse is the silliestthing on the market, it has no whitening effects it is a pure cash grab! I personally would suggest the whitestrips though, I have lots of clients that use them and it turns out wonderfully! Note: it can only whiten teeth if you have fillings/crowns they will not change colour
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • Great Info!  Thanks sooo much.  I will definitely try the strips now...

Quick question... would they work better if I had a cleaning first or does it not matter? 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_teeth-whitening-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:7fc43b83-8d16-40d1-af2b-a4c1e28044afPost:1632ad71-0b56-4c43-9f74-1588d1993826">Re: teeth whitening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! I'm a dental professional and the best product for at home whitening are the crest whitestrips. They have actual studies supporting them so I would stick to that brand but I haven't heard anything bad about other brands. Stay away from whitening toothpastes as a regular toothpaste because it can cause recession - it doesn't actually whiten it just removes surface stain and is very abrasive Whitening mouthrinse is the silliestthing on the market, it has no whitening effects it is a pure cash grab! I personally would suggest the whitestrips though, I have lots of clients that use them and it turns out wonderfully! Note: it can only whiten teeth if you have fillings/crowns they will not change colour
    Posted by HappyMaddie[/QUOTE]

Anniversary
  • Awesome thanks! So the crest white strip people made lots on money on the mouth wash that doesn't work....nice!
  • Maddie -- thanks for the tips!!
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did the white strips and they work GREAT ! However, one of my teeth is half fake because I chipped it when I was little. That part never whitens and it BUGS ME!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure what to do about that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It will work better if you get a cleaning if you can visibly see stain (from coffee or tea) If your teeth are already fairly clean then go for it!! And if you get sensitivity use sensodyne toothpaste (rapid relief is great) or bleach every other day!!
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • I used the Crest Whitestrips for our Engagement Photos, and 3 days into it FI asked if I was doing something with my teeth... I hadn't told him I was doing it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards