Moms and Maids

What do I do?

My Maid of Honors Sister booked her wedding the three days before we have to leave for my destination wedding. The Sister knew I had my wedding booked 6 months earlier and she asked my maid of honor to be her maid of honor as well. Do I tell My maid of honor that she is just a Bridesmaid now and choose another Maid of honor???

Re: What do I do?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_what-do-i-do-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:de160bde-681e-41c7-852e-daf5d4952f5bPost:38c3a5e2-13c2-4e82-bb67-653d97f5f601">What do I do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Maid of Honors Sister booked her wedding the three days before we have to leave for my destination wedding. The Sister knew I had my wedding booked 6 months earlier and she asked my maid of honor to be her maid of honor as well. Do I tell My maid of honor that she is just a Bridesmaid now and choose another Maid of honor???
    Posted by 340keuka[/QUOTE]

No. She will still be your MOH, whether she is able to attend or not.  It is a slap in the face to your friend to demote her.  And if the MOH's sister is getting married 3 days before you, its still possible that your MOH can fly out the day after her sister's wedding or fly in the day of your wedding. 
  • edited February 2013
    Why would you do that?

The other wedding will be over and done before MOH leaves for your DW. What are you worried about?

• Agree with the others.  She is our MOH whether she is  there or not, why would you think of demoting her and naming a new MOH?
  • You should never demote anyone, and why would you feel you need to in this case? Her sister's wedding will be over before you even have to leave for yours, so what's the problem?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_what-do-i-do-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:de160bde-681e-41c7-852e-daf5d4952f5bPost:adb3ad5c-2548-4dd7-ada0-64c7e4093fd0">Re: What do I do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why would you do that? The other wedding will be over and done before MOH leaves for your DW. What are you worried about?
    Posted by MairePoppy[/QUOTE]

This.

I really don't get the reason for the freak out.

• I also don't understand the problem - it sounds like this isn't even preventing her from attending?
  • In Response to <strong><a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_what-do-i-do-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:de160bde-681e-41c7-852e-daf5d4952f5bPost:38c3a5e2-13c2-4e82-bb67-653d97f5f601">What do I do?</a>:</strong>
    [QUOTE]My Maid of Honors Sister booked her wedding the three days before we have to leave for my destination wedding. The Sister knew I had my wedding booked 6 months earlier and she asked my maid of honor to be her maid of honor as well. Do I tell My maid of honor that she is just a Bridesmaid now and choose another Maid of honor???

<div>You have your wedding as planned with the lineup as planned.</div><div>
    </div><div>Why is this even a question?</div>
  • No you don't "demote" her. As others have asked, I am unsure why she can't attend both weddings?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_what-do-i-do-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:de160bde-681e-41c7-852e-daf5d4952f5bPost:e463af1f-8867-43b5-9a2e-2358d6f343fb">Re: What do I do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cross-post.  I think this is a case of someone hoping to be told what they wanted to hear.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

But what does she want to hear?  There isn't a problem.  Her MOH is going to be a MOH for another wedding 3 days BEFORE the OP leaves for her wedding.  There isn't an overlap.  Her MOH does not have to choose between the two weddings.  So I guess I just don't know what OP expects to hear since there really isn't any type of issue.

OP, please come back and explain why this is an issue because none of us are seeing what you see.

• In her other post she is worried about the MOH being able to handle the responsibilities of showers and bach parties for each bride.  She isn't worried her friend wont' make it to her wedding, she is worried about her parties that she feels entitled to.
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_what-do-i-do-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:de160bde-681e-41c7-852e-daf5d4952f5bPost:e15d71cd-bb84-4114-8398-9b21bf0eb992">Re: What do I do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]She says on the other board that she's worried that the MOH will have a problem handling her duties - like hosting two showers and bachelorettes.  I think she wanted validation to demote her.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Oh my. Well isn't she a fun one.  Off to see her other post.

• Here it is from Wedding Woes:
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_what-do-i-do-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:a6caefcb-2c6b-4b6f-85a3-80ea2fa57569Post:6768a138-8262-43a1-84c2-09523288da71">Re: What do I do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do I do? : That means that my maid of Honor has to plan two showers, bachelorette parties and etc. for two brides at the same time that’s a lot of responsibilities.

You and she don't have anything to worry about because she's not required to plan showers and bps for either bride.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards