Ohio-Cleveland

Eastside/Westside

I guess I should introduce myself!  My fiance and I got engaged a month ago and debated between a destination wedding and one at home.  A wedding at home with family is what we've decided we'd like to do.  We're planning on Sept 2012 but are facing the east vs west dilemma.  He's a westsider and I'm an eastsider.  We'd ideally like a wedding location that would be central to both sides but is not downtown.  Any sugguestions?

Re: Eastside/Westside

• July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of feel are you looking for for your wedding?  I think that will probably be the largest determining factor in deciding where you want to have it. (the drive time between east and westside isn't that huge during non-rush hour times that people from one side would have to travel a SUPER long way)

With that in mind, I'd look for venues in the following locations:
    University Circle (technically downtown, but away from a lot of the hustle and bustle)
    Independence
    Brecksville
    Richfield
    Medina (although technically southwest of the city, it is easy to get to from 271S
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    About how many guests? And, do you want something indoor or outdoor?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • makdakmakdak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It will be about 50-60 guests, maybe 75 tops.  I'd like to do an outdoor ceremony to take advantage of the fall foliage but the reception can be indoors.  I'd like to keep the small feel since the guest list will probably be closer to the 50 than 75. 

• July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of places in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park that you could take advantage of for your ceremony and I believe they have some spaces available to rent for indoors.  There are also several party centers and/or country clubs that you could have your reception in near there.  I'll see what info I can find and update.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the CVNP, check out the Great Hall at Happy Days center. That's Peninsula area. If you'd consider someplace closer to Akron (I don't know how north your east/westsiders are), Sarah's Vineyard Winery in Cuyahoga Falls -- across the street from Blossom -- would be great for a small wedding. Mapleside in Brunswick might also be an option. You could do an outdoor wedding in the orchard then indoor reception. There's also the Conrad Botzum Farmstead where you could have your reception in their barn. It's located in Bath.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • makdakmakdak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_eastsidewestside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:df1047ae-86d4-4577-b8a5-1fbe2e0c7f6fPost:5e1268bd-ae65-481e-9f96-b3d389a62b8e">Re: Eastside/Westside</a>:
    [QUOTE]In the CVNP, check out the Great Hall at Happy Days center. That's Peninsula area. If you'd consider someplace closer to Akron (I don't know how north your east/westsiders are), <strong>Sarah's Vineyard Winery in Cuyahoga Falls</strong> -- across the street from Blossom -- would be great for a small wedding. Mapleside in Brunswick might also be an option. You could do an outdoor wedding in the orchard then indoor reception. There's also the Conrad Botzum Farmstead where you could have your reception in their barn. It's located in Bath.
    Posted by JKohio[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds beautiful!  If you want a more fall and rustic theme, the above options sound beautiful. I have a suggestion for a more classic/traditional reception...</div><div>
    </div><div>I am having my reception at the 100th Bomb Group Restaurant. It's located right across from CLE airport. They have a smaller room which has doors to a patio. The patio has a cute little gazebo and many people choose to get married outside under that gazebo. The reception is then indoor, with the option for guests to roam outdoors on the patio. The minimum food/beverage/decor charge is $6000 as a heads up, since I don't know what your budget it. But that includes most everything, from open bar, appetizers, meal, linens and the wedding cake. </div>
  • HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO you should choose your venue based on if you like it and it fits your style and budget.  In the end it doesn't really matter what side of town it's on!

Also just an FYI, the vineyards are beautiful and we looked into quite a few (Including Sarah's and a few in the Ashtabula area) and we didn't like that you could only serve their wine at the reception.  We wanted to be able to serve at least wine and beer, and preferably liquor as well.  Just something to think about.

Another one of our top contenders was Mapleside Farms in Brunswick, and Patterson's Fruit Farm in Chesterland.  They're both beautiful apple farms and are very nice to work with. 

In the end we chose Michauds in Strongsville because we liked the staff, the all inclusive prices, and that we can bring in our own alcohol.  My cousin also had her reception there and it was amazing.

Good luck!  :)
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • edited December 2011
    I visited Mapleside Farms a few months ago and it was very nice! Certainly a great place if you're looking for a rustic feel and an outdoor ceremony with a beautiful view! Granted, if your people think driving to the other side of town is too far, they might start to panic when they leave city limits and are suddenly surrounded by trees and fields ;)
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards