Not Engaged Yet

Hi, I'm new :)

I wasn't sure how often anyone checks out the intro posts so I just wanted to say hi.  I have been "lurking" for about a month now and I finally gained the courage to create a profile and finally post.  I'm a little shy...

Here's a little about me...

Screen Name: Basenjigirl23

Significant Other's Age: 26

What You Do: Work in Insurance/Mom

What SO Does: Work in Insurance

State of Relationship: NEY

How Long You've Been Together: 4 1/2 yrs

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):  hopefully sometime in 2011

Fur Babies: 2, Leah (our basenji) and Henry (our lionshead rabbit)

Favorite Color: blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO: his willingness to take on a packaged deal

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: the way he overthinks things (not that it's a bad thing, I'm just the opposite-haha)

Hobbies/Activities: I make cakes as a side hobbie/job.  I am finishing up my bachelor's degree and will be done in July!

Describe Your Personality: I love to be busy and stressed, I guess you can tell from my full time job, being a full time mom, and going to college full time.  I try to be optimistic

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  I don't think I'm snarky?

My Back Story:  I was married to my daughters father when I was 22 for a year and a half, we were both too young.  I also love to travel, but since we just adopted our basenji Leah over the summer (I bought my first house last May) our traveling has taken a back seat.  My SO does not live with my daughter and I, we feel it will set a better example for her to wait until we are married, her father has had multiple live in gf's and she gets very confused as she just turned 5.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better!
Alright already we'll all float on. Alright already we'll all float on. Alright don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy. We'll all float on...alright. Already we'll all float on. Alright already we'll all float on, ok. Don't worry we'll all float on. Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on.

Re: Hi, I'm new :)

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hi Basenjigirl23!

I was once part of a "packaged deal," because my mom had me at 20, and married and then divorced my father. Then remarried at 27, when I was nearly 7.

Anyways, nice to meet you!
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome. Tell me about your pets. I will probably like you more if you post pictures of them. I love to AW mine any chance I get.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Hi! My BF overthinks everything too! I suppose its a good thing really but sometimes it drives me crazy :)

• msjenna519msjenna519 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Smile
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! My FI is a serious over-thinker, which can be a good thing. Any big purchase we're making, say for instance we just bought a stackable washer and dryer, he researches and compares prices versus different manufacturers for months on end. It's a bit much but in the end, I know we're getting a great product. :)
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, welcome! Do you like mac & cheese? Mashed potatoes? Harry Potter?

I think it's really admirable that you're making the decision not to move in with your SO in order to keep things stable and set a good example for your daughter. Not that there's anything wrong with living with someone and not being married, though!
  • Basenjigirl23Basenjigirl23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol yes, I like mac & cheese, Harry potter too! I am not opposed to living w/ SO before marriage either, I just feel that things are different now I'm a mom. Yes my SO will think things over and over, which isn't a horrible thing but it makes things hard because I'm really not a patient person LOL. We've talked about getting married this year and I've picked out my ring. We both know we don't want a huge wedding because I had one before and he's not into a whole lot of attention. My sister is in the Navy and we really want to accomodate her, she's been diployed since September and just re-enlisted for another 3 yrs. She is transfering to a new base, she's currently located near Seattle WA (we are in upstate NY) in Aug so she'll get about a month off then.
    Alright already we'll all float on. Alright already we'll all float on. Alright don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy. We'll all float on...alright. Already we'll all float on. Alright already we'll all float on, ok. Don't worry we'll all float on. Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I like Basenjis.  Do you have more pictures to share?
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome.
  • stemms8810stemms8810 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I also have a little girl who just turned 4.  I also want to wait until we are engaged or married to move in together to set a good example as well.  I think it's amazing when a man can be wonderful and accept you and your child.  Not all men can do this so we are very lucky.  My BF can also overthink sometimes as well but he is very financially savvy and I know it's for our own good so I don't say anything :-)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome aboard!! Stick around!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi - welcome aboard.  I'm the overthinker in our relationship, FI is getting used to it, though.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi *waves*

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    You didn't mention potatoes. I always reserve judgment until we've talked taters. Pro/anti fauxtatoes? You're not one of those people who thinks potatoes are bad, right???
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI's mom made au gratin potatos, mashed potatos, AND sweet potatos for dinner tonight. NEY heaven? lol
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-im-new-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f08653cb-454f-41da-a304-7aa1371568fdPost:13e364c2-dbeb-4111-aa82-d5ce3d5d95bc">Re: Hi, I'm new :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI's mom made au gratin potatos, mashed potatos, AND sweet potatos for dinner tonight. NEY heaven? lol
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Jealous! nom nom nom</div><div>
    </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Basenjigirl23Basenjigirl23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lmao although I am a fan of low carb, I've lost 90 lbs over 4 yrs, I do love me some potatoes :) the only kind of potatoes I dislike are scalloped. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has a kid.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I understand my BF over thinks everything! UGH lol Nice to meet you though!  I am new too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards