New Jersey

Anyone here also on weddingbee?

Just curious! For some reason those girls always trash theknot saying its the worst place ever? Is it the national boards they are talking about? Being on this board has made wedding planning so much easier for me, and everyone is so helpful and down to earth. I don't get it!

Re: Anyone here also on weddingbee?

• edited December 2011
    Im on there and have noticed the same. They trash the knot like crazy.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was there during my wedding planning and even got a "talking to" from a mod on one of their partner sites, Project Wedding for telling a girl who asked that yes, her potluck wedding was going to be tacky.  I think they are way too sunshine and lollipops over there.   
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Completely agree! I think part of the issue is its just brides from ALL over the country and also a TON of super young brides, 21 and under that get super defensive when you ask them why the rush in response to drama about not being able to pay for the wedding. I guess these ladies don't get the responses they're looking for on the knot.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_anyone-here-also-weddingbee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:526bc7b3-a4e4-4eba-ab43-afd22c25f81bPost:5803a287-fa31-45b7-b97d-cfff5ea4fe4e">Re: Anyone here also on weddingbee?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Completely agree! I think part of the issue is its just brides from ALL over the country and also a TON of super young brides, 21 and under that get super defensive when you ask them why the rush in response to drama about not being able to pay for the wedding. I guess these ladies don't get the responses they're looking for on the knot.
    Posted by schrutebeets[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more!! I noticed that as well. TONS of teens getting married, crying that they can't afford a wedding and flipping out if you ask them why they don't want to wait a few years. I also find it comical how the southern and midwest brides think it's BS what it costs to get married in the NJ/NY area and brag about how they are paying $15 a head. There was a 16 year old bride on there awhile back bragging that she paid $9.50 a head....turned out she was offering "finger food" from Houlihans.....sigh* kids! ::shakes head::
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I sometimes go on there, but I stopped posting because I got called rude for giving my opinion.  Seriously it's lala land over there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HobokenBride, If you were called rude, i'd be thrown off that site within the first 24 hours! lol- I'm wondering what you said that was called rude.

I've never been on weddingbee because theknot website has been more than helpful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I said I disliked the look of uncut diamonds.  To me they look like ugly rocks. I would have thought it was a cruel joke if FI proposed with one and would have said no.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We were looking for a priest to do a Catholic ceremony outside the church. Here, everyone was so nice and helpful (thanks to Peaches for suggesting Bishop George)! I posted on there and was not treated nicely by people who told me I would be condemned. They were very rude even when I explained that I totally knew that the church wouldn't honor the marriage. It was not a pleasant experience and I haven't been back since.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha yep I also got called rude! I swear I didn't post this because of that though, it happened weeks ago, haha! A girl asked if she's in the wrong for skipping a bachelorette party that she is a bridesmaid for to go away for the weekend with her friends after the bride moved the bachelorette party to the poster's hometown to accomodate her work schedule. I dared to say that she should suck it up and go to the bachelorette. All hell was unleased, LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    I tried WB, but the NJ section is extremely quiet, and I have no real use for the national/general boards.

There are certainly crazies on TK (and "down to earth" is the last thing I'd call TK), but WB's "no snarking" policy really encourages the crazies. Too bad, because the WB vibe is more on my wavelength than TK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards