Christian Weddings
Options

Kansas...Again...

I'm starting to feel like this is all I post about...but I am thankful for all of your continued prayers and that you're hear to listen to all of this. :-)

FI didn't think the interview went very well on Tuesday night...there were a few things the search committee and FI had different approaches to, and the interviewers mentioned that they've been searching for a youth pastor for about a year and hadn't found anyone because they're "being picky."  So, FI just didn't have a feeling of "That rocked...I felt great about it," afterwards. 

A few days ago, the pastor contacted him to clarify/expand on some things that came up in the interview, and they are going to start contacting his references. 
The next step after this is going out there to candidate. 

Side story--my car wouldn't start after lunch today, so my dad came up to try to help get it started.  We decided before he got here that we would tell him about this, so we did.  He seemed to be fine with it (which we knew he would be)...mentioned something about good hunting in Kansas...and even said, "Well...your mother is going to fuss if it's anywhere outside the 4hr radius, but you all need to be where God wants you to be...you'll get to Nineveh one way or another."  So, unless contacting the references does not go well, it looks like we'll be bringing this up with mom sometime soon.

Also, my car still won't start and (thanks to FI's AAA membership) is currently at the mechanic's.  Dad thinks it's either the fuel pump or the transmission. :-\  We're really praying it's something not so expensive. 

Re: Kansas...Again...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats great that your Dad is cool about it. I love what he said to you. So sorry to hear that the interview didn't go as well as planned - maybe something will surprise you. Sometimes God has a way of changing everything at the last minute just when you think the dust has settled.

So sorry about your car!!!! I really hope it's not expensive :( Car stuff is so frustrating. Still praying, and now will include prayers for your car woes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It can be so hard to know how an interview went - and kind frustrating!

I'm so glad that your dad was understanding. Thank God for the people in our lives being there for us!

Praying about your car!
    img_9694 Anniversary
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_kansasagain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2e9b245f-c136-4c98-84b9-c33e3e699427Post:ea99880a-f8de-477a-9aad-3611dc1ab515">Re: Kansas...Again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It can be so hard to know how an interview went - and kind frustrating!
    Posted by EJCart[/QUOTE]

Especially since it was a phone interview.  FI absolutely despises talking on the phone...he doesn't like not being able to see people's faces.  Apparently when the pastor contacted him, it was to clear up some of the things FI wasn't clear about, either, so he did feel a little better about it after giving some more detailed explanations and receiving the pastor's response.

Haven't heard anyting about the car yet...thanks for the prayers!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards