Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Distinguishing your MOH - PIP

All the ladies in my bridal party have different dresses in the same color. Is there a way to separate my MOHs from everyone else? I thought about a brooch or something but I'm not seeing where on their dresses it could go. Does it matter if they aren't set apart from everyone else?

Re: Distinguishing your MOH - PIP

• Mine aren't going to be set apart (I have 2). Maybe ask if she's comfortable being set apart.

And off topic but I LOOOOOVE both of those dresses
  • Yes! i love Alfred Sung dresses! Idk if the ladies will ever wear them again but  I feel like they can (I know EVERYONE says that lol)

I don't think either one will care if they are set apart, just thought it would be nice but they'll be stadning closest to me so that is probably good enough. i have two also and got a lot of flack from my mom for doing that. lol glad I'm not the only one!
  • I originally wanted to have a sash on MOH, but in the end I decided against it. 

Are you having programs? 
    You could distinguish them there if you can't find a way to do it on the dresses.
  • Great suggestion crash! We think we are going to do a one page program so hopefully it'll fit on there.
  • You could also consider a different bouquet than the other BM.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_distinguishing-your-moh-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ba5fc64d-a929-4d88-b3e2-a83b4476c196Post:f0e13936-b1d6-4167-aed3-9c1509a2f046">Re: Distinguishing your MOH - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great suggestion crash! We think we are going to do a one page program so hopefully it'll fit on there.
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]
    You could also do programs front and back, if it won't all fit on one side.<div>
    </div><div>Maybe like</div><div>
    </div><div>Susie smith...MOH</div><div>Julie jones....MOH</div><div>Jenny Jones..BM</div>
  • We didn't have programs, but my 2 MOHs were in baby blue, while the other two were in a darker brown.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Hi,

I was thinking also that they could have a different ribbon or a larger bouquet or something to do with their flowers too. I love the brooch idea.
  • Your MOH will be the one coming out last and the one standing next to you -- I always just figured that was enough.  But I also did list it in my program.
  • Ash,
    I designed one-page (front and back) 4x9 programs for a Catholic wedding with mass on Zazzle.  If I can do it, anyone can.  ;)  Let me know if you want to see the one I designed for ideas.

As for distinguishing her, I just listed MOH and best man separately in the program.  Also, my MOH was Pakistani in a sea of blond girls, so she stood out pretty well.  :D  I like the idea of a different bouquet or a necklace or something, especially if she's been busting her butt for you.
    Anniversary

• My MOH had a bouquet that was a smaller version of mine, while my BM had simpler flowers.
  • i like the idea of different flowers. i'll talk to my florist to see what ideas she has. if i dont do that recogizing them in the program may work best. brooches are super cute but I just don't think they'll look good with their dresses

Amanda - yes please! i'm so visual an example would be perfect!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_distinguishing-your-moh-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ba5fc64d-a929-4d88-b3e2-a83b4476c196Post:9cabd579-0a58-4164-89ff-af9a7fca1697">Re: Distinguishing your MOH - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]i like the idea of different flowers. i'll talk to my florist to see what ideas she has. if i dont do that recogizing them in the program may work best. brooches are super cute but I just don't think they'll look good with their dresses Amanda - yes please! i'm so visual an example would be perfect!
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

<div>YGPM!</div>
    Anniversary

• I agree -- maybe a different bouquet wrap, a bouquet with some different colored flowers in it, just mentioning it in the program, etc.  I'm with stephiehall - I always figured it was obvious who the MOH was because of their order in the "lineup" and also she is standing right next to you and is the one helping you with your train. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was matron of honor for my sister this past weekend, and the only thing that distinguished me from the other bridesmaids and maid of honor was the way we processed and were identified in the program. Even without listing it in the program, I would imagine that people would have assumed that I was the MOH based on where I stood during the ceremony and my toast during the reception. Unless there is a particular reason that you want her to stand out from the others, it really isn't necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards